Pages

▼

Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Dress for Project Dress Up 2010

When I think May, I think PROM. To find out what girls were wearing to prom this year, I visited a few sites that featured prom dresses. From those sites, I settled on a design similar to one that was popular on several sites. So here is my interpretation of a prom dress. I can't seem to get my dresses curvy enough and they seem to be shapeless. Maybe I'll be able to make a good pattern before June rolls around.

This is a full length gown made from deli paper that I painted using Twinkling H20s. It really shimmers. I purposely crinkled the paper so it would appear to have both texture and movement. I added epoxy circles that had a silver backing to them. In the scan, they looked like little mirrors. Then I tried to stamp swirls around the bling. Yep, I keep telling everyone I don't stamp, and this proves it. I think you are supposed to stamp, then add the bling.


The back has a fairly large split that I failed to capture properly on the scanner. I left it unglued, so it would have a real split effect. Just the perfect thing for dancing the night away with the date of your dreams. As with all my outfits, I can remove the hanger, which is fun if you want to play with the dress, but not so fun when you are scanning it.

Want to see all the other dresses this month? The magic begins at Alice and Camilla by Margaret, where you will find links to all the other participants' blogs. And be sure to leave them a comment. I know they will appreciate it just as much as I do.

20 comments:

  1. A perfect Prom dress - great minds think alike & I went for a May Ball !
    I love the colour, texture, Bling & twirly whirlies ! ( I have stamps & never know what to do with them !
    Great fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth I love the little dress, is this something you do regularly? What size, do you always use paper/ I am so curious...neat project!!
    Susan

    Ps...still want to learn about Tuesday Teas also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo this is gorgeous and in my favourite colour too! I love the effect of crushed silk you have achieved and I can't see anything wrong with your stamping sweetie XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this design--it would be a really great prom dress for a real person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It almost looks like this beautiful creation is made of silk shantung because of the way it shimmers. Gorgeous!!! Any girls would LOVE to wear this party dress "for real"!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shimmering effect you got on this lucious dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very fun!! and different from all the other dresses I have seen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this dress, the color, the style, the bling, oh my... Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. CLEVER GIRL! Love this! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you prom dress, Elizabeth... and you are using my fav deli paper - painted my ELIZABETH! I am hording mine. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww lovely Elizabeth, love how left the split unstuck and gotta love those twinkilings...jenxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. sometimes its okay to take a break from art making, as I am this weekend...just feeling lazy...your hand art is good and the little dress very sweet...so you now know you still know how........... lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes me wish I had a date for the prom. This is terrific Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous color blue and such pretty details E!
    Lucky girl getting to wear that pretty dress to the prom!
    My dress is still in my head! ;)
    May really snuck up on me!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could do some dancin in that number! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your shimmery dress! Perfect for a May Prom!!...and your stamping looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful May addition to your wardrobe Elizabeth! fab colour and I'm pleased to see the stamping got you in the end lol!! Mx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fabulous dress to slink about in!
    A great way to use twinkling H20's.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it, especially when stamping, but your stamping looks great!
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely elegant dress. I love the split at the back for dancing the night away!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL at your stamping technique, you're as bad as I am! Lovely prom dress! So did Bluebeard get to model any of them? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.