Pages

▼

Friday, May 9, 2008

We're having an Imperfection tip-in swap on ABC. The idea is to make something that isn't perfect, such as this prototype flower.
I began by cutting some of my failed circles from the Anniversary swap with my deckle scissors. I then cut petals from scraps I had lying around. I painted the circles with gesso, then used a backgound technique I learned from Linda Findley in which you use a direct to paper method of swiping dye or pigment ink over the dried gesso. I used beige, bright yellow, and red pigment inks to color the circle. The petals are made of various materials, including a magazine image, also cut imperfectly. I then outlined the flower with a black Zig pen. Even these lines are imperfect.

2 comments:

  1. "E" I love it and I think it's prefect .... Linda F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,

    When you described the swap, I wasn't sure what you meant. Now you have made it much more concrete.

    Mary L

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.