Pages

▼

Friday, December 7, 2007

An Altered Book Lover's Advent tree

Since I have felt too rotten to make art, I thought I would share this advent tree I created a few years ago. I still get a thrill out of opening each little box made from velvet ring or earring boxes and one bracelet box for the base. The background is mat board I got dumpster diving after a frame shop in my neighborhood went out of business. The numbers are mostly stick-on letters, but some are beads, and 16 has a brite lite and a metal house number. I also used metal house numbers on 3, 5, and 25. Twenty five was a blank metal piece that I added stickers to. I didn't take these photos, so I'm not sure how much you can see when you click on them for a larger view.
This is the view with all the boxes open. I'll try to get some close ups of the individual boxes so you can see all the "stuff" typically used to embellish an AB.

I originally attached the boxes using hot glue, but some popped off after they had been opened and closed a couple of times. I went back and reglued everything using E6000. I wish I owned stock in that company. I'd be rich!!!

1 comment:

  1. you might enjoy this story here (give it a chance!):

    http://www.luxefaire.com/ratboys.html

    thanks for your nice blog

    b

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.