Pages

▼

Friday, September 25, 2026

Falling Leaves

 

Because it's Friday, I'm joining Nicole for Friday Face-Off and Gillena for Art For Fun Friday.  I'm also at Art Journal Journey where I'm joining Sharon from That Girl Fritchey. Sharon's theme is Hello Autumn. This may be my final AJJ entry for September. 

It's obvious I named this Falling Leaves.  Details are below.
 


 
I've often said I can't draw.  However, I attempted to draw and color falling leaves.  I was inspired by the leaves falling in my back yard as I watered my herbs.  
 
I was impressed by the different colors of the leaves and I tried to reproduce those on my 5 X 8 in (12.7 X 20.32 cm) 110 lb white cardstock using watercolor pencils.  I used nine watercolor pencils to color the leaves and two to color the stems.  When all the leaves were dry, I added the computer generated text.
 
Bleubeard and I hope to see you and your interpretation of Hello Autumn inspired art at Art Journal Journey.  There's still ample time to join in.  I'm also joining
 

Art Journal Journey   
 
And because there were no faces in those leaves,
 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgnA_Zd3Ozl-jTegBxo0HyYw0PY5LCw0rhmtICqDyBBujWke3gkiNtbDy0UNhUtrXXveAlm_q7BUacKbxXod5HMduS1_bgd8YhWgRjNOoUSq3Q2XyzBgf2HebUdyu6NkUp-JnqxTQ/s200/1.jpg     
here's a photo of the face of our blog. 


14 comments:

  1. It´ll take a while till that happens here, but this is a nice preview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the colourful leaves in the nature...
    ...and I admire your paintings.
    Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv your falling leaves art
    Happy Friday
    Thanks for linking to AFFF

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. C'est fort joli et bien de saison. Ici, les feuilles tiennent encore, c'est l'été indien

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and falling they are! I hope that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your falling leaves make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those leaves are gorgeous! And love the pretty kitty.

    My FFO: https://essentiallyash.blogspot.com/2026/09/friday-face-off-milk-bath-boudoir.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a bit early for falling leaves but we've had the autumn equinox so it can't be that far off.
    Thank you for your comment. Yes, we have 'known' each other a very long time. More than ten years I'd say.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. ,
    you did a good job elizabeth ‼️‼️ falling leaves is colorful …I like the red one
    in the center 😸 happee fry day bleu and squiggles…N joy de week end 🐾💚‼️😸

    ReplyDelete
  10. I burnt my finger so I'm typing on handed. I like the falling leaves and the kitty. Thanh you for joining FFO and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the leaves. Happy fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be seeing lots of leaves falling today as the storm ramps up this afternoon. There are leaves on the trees that look just like the ones you drew.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.