Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2026

Summer at the beach

 

Today you'll find me at Art Journal Journey joining my friend, the talented Halle of Halle's Hobbies.  By now you probably know her theme for the month of July is Fabric, lace, and trims…oh my!  Below is my possibly/probably penultimate entry.

And because I have multiple media, I'm also joining Creative Artiste's 128th challenge, where the theme is always Anything Goes.

It's obvious I named this Summer at the beach.  It is a mixed media entry.  Details are below.
 




I began by adhering a napkin from my stash to 5 X 8 in (12.7 X 20.32 cm) 110 lb cardstock using a glue stick.  I then sewed a piece of fabric torn from a fat quarter to the background using blue variegated thread.  Next I sewed the gifted ribbon in place, after which I sewed the computer generated words to the assembly.  Finally, I adhered the star button found in my stash using E6000.  
 
Thanks ever so much for dropping by today.  It means the world to me. I hope to see you and your interpretation of Fabric, lace, and trims…oh my! inspired art at Art Journal Journey and Creative Artiste's Anything Goes. There's still ample time to join in both challenges. 

  

 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I miss the beach (and summer).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite color and cabana stripes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one! The blue stripes scream beach to me. Awesome page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is stunning! I can see this hanging in any beach house to brighten it up. Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love this and that blue star button just sets it off. Take special care, dear Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That star button and ribbon match your napkin perfectly. I recognize that napkin and have a lot of them, as I originally bought a whole package! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely vibrant piece - thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow I totally missed this one (Saturday was at a family reunion) so please forgive my late visit. I really like this one with the blues and the beach theme. It feels like a beautiful day at the beach, and I can tell the stripes are fabric, it is the background fabric or paper. Either way it's super. This is a super page for Halle's challenge. Hope all is well. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many fabulous details and textures. I love the blue and white theme, perfect for Summer.
    Thank you for joining in with our July challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.