Pages

▼

Thursday, July 16, 2026

Priorities

 

I'm once again at Art Journal Journey joining my friend, Halle of Halle's Hobbies.  Her theme for the month of July is Fabric, lace, and trims…oh my!  Below is my next entry for her theme. 

Unlike yesterday's sentiment, I actually chose this based on the elements I used.  Details are below.
 



I began by sewing the very stretchy background fabric to 5 X 8 in (12.7 X  20.32 cm) 110 lb cardstock using blue variegated thread.  Then I created both sub assemblies.  The one on the right started with a sample of Sunbrella fabric to which I sewed the last of some gifted lace ribbon and a small piece of shimmery fabric.  I then added that assembly to the striped fabric that I bought years ago as a fat quarter.  It was the first time I used it.  I then sewed these pieces to the background fabric and the other piece of shimmery fabric I found in my stash.  Finally, I added the sentiment I colored with a watercolor pencil.
 
Thanks beyond belief for dropping by today.  It means everything to me. I also hope to see you and your interpretation of Fabric, lace, and trims…oh my! inspired art at Art Journal Journey. 
 


10 comments:

  1. Love this! Reminds me of the so missed ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...the color and designs are a wonderful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how the white lace and the little square of fabric really draws your eye in. And if you didn't add a quote to this one, it wouldn't matter, but I like that words and it works great. I like the contrast of the blue with darker background too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! the textures and layers are fantastic along with the colors. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is truly beautiful, Elizabeth. Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely fabric art
    Happy Thursday, Elizabeth

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue, my favorite color and the addition of white makes it a classic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elizabeth,
    I'm so sorry I’ve been MIA lately! I’m getting back into art journaling now that my husband and I are feeling better.

    I absolutely love your beautifully stitched page. I especially like the white lace ribbon and the striped fabric! And your sentiment is great, too. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

    Hope you are having a good July so far! Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.