Pages

▼

Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Flutter Lover

 

Today I'm at Art Journal Journey joining my friend, the very talented Halle of Halle's Hobbies.  Her theme for the month of July is Fabric, lace, and trims…oh my!  Below is my latest entry.

This has been a disaster from the very beginning.  I love to tear my fabric, but this gifted bit of fabric was cut on the bias, so I had no way to tear it.  Detail images are below.
 



I began by sewing the fabric to 5 X 8 in (12.7 X  20.32 cm) 110 lb cardstock using blue variegated thread.  I dyed cheesecloth using a Staz-on reinker.  When dry, I sewed it to the right side of the assembly.  I then sewed the lace to the top of the assembly.  Next, I adhered the computer generated words I colored with a watercolor pencil.  Finally, I sewed the rick rack to the bottom of the assembly.  I personally don't believe I need a sentiment in my art, but I know Halle does. Therefore the lame name of the art assembly.
 
Thanks ever so much for dropping by today.  It means the world to me. I hope to see you and your interpretation of Fabric, lace, and trims…oh my! inspired art at Art Journal Journey. 
 

 

8 comments:

  1. ...I love butterflies, they are like flying flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, such a "light" one - summerly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That'snot a lame name. I think it is needed on this piece because otherwise it would look unfinished. That's a nice thing about adding a quote. Too bad you couldn't tear the fabric, but it is a gorgeous piece. And it makes a great background. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey now...that's a fine name...and I don't require a name for anyone but me. :) Helps keep me organized...or at least it helps. HA!
    The fabric is really pretty. I think your page turned out quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh I absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that you use fabric. And I love butterflies. Maybe I should make a page for my fabric book again?

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.