Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2026

The view from my kitchen window

 

As you probably know by now, Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey (AJJ) this month.  Please be aware, however, I am unable to leave comments on any blog, including my own, even though I visit each and every link left at AJJ.   

This is entitled The view from my kitchen window.  Details are below.
 


I found this image in a calendar I picked up in California years ago.  There were 12 really unusual images, but this one really spoke to me.  The background was created on a 9 X 14 inch (22.86 X 35.56 centimeter) sheet of 140 lb. watercolor paper.  It was too large for the scanner, but I did the best I could.  I began laying three glazes on the page.  While they were still wet, I adhered a piece of dressmaker pattern, several portions of book pages, and a piece of lace I cut from a Martha Stewart punch I bought on clearance one year.
 
Once dry, which took overnight, I added the calendar page and the sentiment.  To be honest, I would find this view depressing if I had to look at it every day.
 
Thank you so much for visiting today.  I hope you will join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey (even though we can't leave comments) with your own interpretation of Anywhere, Anytime, Any Place, with Anyone.    
 
 

5 comments:

  1. ...it's good to have a nice view from the kitchen window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that photo too, but I wouldn't want that to be my kitchen view. You used it well my friend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be so frustrated with the inability to make comments.
    Happy to know you're reading our blogs, though!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.