Pages

▼

Monday, September 4, 2023

Frolic in the Flowers

 

I want to wish everyone who lives in the states a very happy Labor Day and everyone who lives in Canada a very happy Labour Day. 

I completely forgot to scan my completed August calendar until I saw Chris's yesterday.  As always, Chris and Alison put my calendar pages to shame.  Here is the completed month of August for those of you who want to see my boring life.  Last month Erika asked if I used a different calendar (or planner) for appointments.  I explained I never have appointments, so what you see is what you get.  
 
My no-name, no-photos allowed group didn't even meet in August because so many of the members were on vacation and they couldn't agree to a date when at least half the members could attend.  Except me, of course!

Elle from Empire of the Cat is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Elle has given us several themes, which are Books, Cats, and Tea.  I will be working most of the month in my new Cats altered book.  However, I also got a bit carried away with kitty stickers for my September calendar, too.  Because my calendar pages are so wimpy, here is my second entry in my Cats altered book.

Let's Frolic in the Flowers.

Nearly a year ago, a friend showed me her new quilling needle tool.  I was fascinated.  She even brought her glue with the teeny tiny applicator and her quilling shape board.  Trust me when I say, these were NOT the first flower petals I made.  I made a bunch that were horrible and enough decent ones to create this single flower.  My friend showed me what I should do to attach the flower and the stem, along with the backing to the flower piece she had already cut and I accented using black dye ink around the edges.  She even encouraged me to turn the completed flower assembly into a tag, although I seldom use tags in my art.  I also created the sentiment in my word processing program.  I even drew the little flower.

My friend had several of these background pages cut, so she left them with me.  I didn't have any of the green we used on the quilling tag, so I improvised with black that I adhered at two corners.  I also outlined the backgrounds using black dye ink.  The cat and the butterfly are stickers sent to me by my friend Jeanie.

I needed a background for the page, so I found a sheet of scrapbook paper (8.5 X 11 in.) that I adhered to the book.  I used too much adhesive on the page and when I closed it to make sure it would set properly, the pages stuck together.  

Thanks for joining Bleubeard and me on this Labor/Labour Day.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey as you share your own interpretation of Books, Cats, and Tea.

 

17 comments:

  1. If you want to see a boring calendar you need to see mine. Doctors and vets appointments and not a lot more.
    I love your quilled petals. And the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Labor Day still means back-to-school to me even though I haven’t been in school for years. Also autumn coming. Weather changing. Have a good. holiday whatever you do.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed all those kitties on the calendar-and I like them. And what a sweet kitty on your altered book spread. I like the blue and yellow background. And that pretty flower too. And thanks for your note on the Margaret Truman books. I think I read one or 2 of those years ago, and I need to check them out. I also didn't realize they were still being published. Thanks for the heads up. :) Have a great Monday and "see" you tonight for T. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitty-overload (I like that).
    Big WOW on your journal page! The flower really pops out, as it it was three-dimensional like when you wear those 3-D-goggles!

    I don´t know if you have that, too, here you can buy dog-food with "Frolic" as brand-name, see here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...the world would be bleak without flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pages in your atered book, cats and flowers are always good. My Litty used to love sniffing flowers. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frolic with the Flowers.

    ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

    I love that so much.

    Thanks, too, for your kind 'n' welcoming words. I appreciate it so much - yours and others - and it reminds me why I came back to participate with AJJ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see your completed calendar Elizabeth, and I love all the sweet kitty stickers on your September one.
    A great journal spread too. I once tried quilling, too fiddly for me.
    Thanks for your lovely comments on my calendar, I had fun with those teapots, although they took an age to do!
    Hugs,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finished calendar, and I adore your totally cute journal page with Kitty stickers. Fun, fun, fun!!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your calendars are always so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most people don't even make their own calendar pages, so kudos to you! Love the kitty and the quilling. I have never tried quilling. Looks like it takes a lot of patience. Hope you had a nice Labor Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have so little to do I don't even keep a calendar lol but I'll join you in a flower frolic any time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw! I really love that pussy cat, its soooo sweet! Lots of lovely tea...I really wish i liked it without sugar but...I DON'T... My rabbit lady that I'm doing this week, has given me some sugar, that isn't sugar...so, I'm getting used to that...sort of! have a good T week!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty kitty and flower :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice with the cat Journal page and great cat Calendar!
    Happy day, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can never have too many cat stickers? Cute kitty on your journal page too, and congrats on the quilling. I have quilling supplies but never seem to get around to actually quilling. Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month Happy Journalling! Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.