Pages

▼

Monday, January 3, 2022

T Stands For Yearly Annual Review

 

Blogger is making me doubt my sanity at times.  Not only can I NOT schedule posts, I get Error 503 and Whoops errors when I try to leave comments.  If you don't hear from me right away, just realize I will be by when Blogger allows it.

Every year I pick a favorite post from each month.  I'm sure many of you have seen these before.  These are my favorites.  I hope they bring back good memories for you, too.

January, 2021

I am sure some of you remember when my friend Sally picked up this poinsettia at Sam's back in December, 2020 after I asked her to buy a small one to sit on my library table.  The poinsettia died in February, 2021, and several of the greens died, too.  However, I still have the container and spider/airplane plants.  This is when I drank egg nog in my festive tree mug.

February, 2021

There are many functions to this opener.  I described many of them, but left out some, like the metal part that sits to the side of the can opener which apparently can be used to open chip packages.  However, I didn't have any chips, so I couldn't show how it works.  The functions help me open canned soft drinks (which I seldom buy), water, and glass bottle caps.

March, 2021

I'm calling on my Coll-AH-ge Two altered book for this drink inspired post.
 
I'm drinking coffee and sharing this single flower in my coffee cup.
 
April, 2021

Other than the 110 lb cardstock, the water soluble crayon, the watercolors, and the Sharpie ink pen, every embellishment started its life in a very different use. I hope you like how I recycled these pieces and I hope it may have sparked your interest in using what some people would consider junk in your art.  As you can see, I used several used  tea bags in this art piece.

May, 2021
 
I created tutorials two Tuesdays in a row showing how to create backgrounds using coffee.

I have marked each of these to show what can be used to create these backgrounds made from coffee.

June, 2021

This was a rather sad month for T Tuesday.

The best I could do was show a glass of cold lemon water on my kitchen table.  I chose this glass because during a (then) recent T Tuesday, Mae of Mae's Food Blog shared a post on juice glasses.  This is larger than the small juice glasses Mae shared.  This glass came from Aldi this last year.  It originally held jam or jelly.  Too good to throw in the recycle bin, but not something I would share with guests.  Friends and family yes, guests no.
 
July, 2021

July is the month we celebrate our annual anniversary.  That means it's party time. 

Let's celebrate.

I purchased a pack consisting of 16 of these napkins and paper plates for the 2nd anniversary.  I still have plenty left.  However, I wanted to make sure you knew this wasn't  a recycled post, so I used the mug that my dear friend RO! ordered for me recently.  I'm also having a root beer float.

August, 2021


For August, I visited Oak Alley Plantation in my Stress Free altered book, where I created mint julep.

September, 2021

My foodie friend Sally gave me these bags of the most delicious melt-in-your-mouth buttery cookies ever.  

Please help yourself.  My tea choice is Twinings Rose Garden.

October, 2021

I'm celebrating Halloween a few days early.

It's pumpkin time at my library table today.  I drug out a few autumn inspired pieces and my new autumn leaf mug that I filled with Sun Tea again this week.  I'll be making it a few more weeks, or until there is no more heat from the sun.

I thought you might like to see another view of the library table with the candles glowing.  
 
November, 2021
 
Let's head to my craft room.

I use my grungy mug when I work in the craft room or outside.  It has a lid, so there is no chance I will mistake it for dirty paint water and it keeps the elements out of my coffee, too.  Yes, that is coffee in my mug.  I use my red metal straw for everything at home because my neck doesn't go very far backward due to my birth defect which is similar to arthritis.  I was also trying to generate interest in having a Rolodex swap.  Seems there was no interest.

December, 2021

If there's anything that frustrates me more, it's having to perform rework.  Although this was technically not rework, I was starting over because I didn't make enough Christmas cards.  These were so labor intensive, I didn't get them to everyone before Christmas.  Yes, I was drinking coffee with half and half in my grungy mug with a lid that I use in my craft room or when I'm outside.

It's now time to share your own drink inspired post this week.  You don't have to create a review, either unless you want to revisit some of your favorite T Tuesday posts.  Your drink related post can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.
 
 





27 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth, so sorry Blogger is still giving you troubles-that seems to happen off and on.
    I enjoyed seeing your year review in photos-I really enjoyed that thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, Elizabeth!

    What a great idea to pick out a favourite post from each month. I very much enjoyed seeing your year in review. I remember seeing a few of the posts. I don't think I've seen a Twinings Rose Garden tea here...must check that out.

    Sorry that Blogger is playing up on you. Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch. So far, I've been lucky.

    Happy Monday/Tuesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bummer that you are having such troubles with Blogger. Blogger doesn't give my any problems as long ass I use my desktop PC. Any other device gets me nothing but grief.
    I loved seeing all those post from each month. I remember them all actually. I think my favorite was the one with the can opener.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember all these posts Elizabeth. It was fun to see them again. You had some creative takes on T too like your recycled art, coloring with coffee and the can opener post. It's fun to look back, isn't it? Happy first T day for 2022. Hope its a good one! We've got that cold weather you had here now. It's going to be very cold tonight. But at least we didn't get any of the snow a lot of the east coast did. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the review, Elizabeth. I think my favorite is the coffee backgrounds and the art journal with the tea bags. It is always inspiring to look back over the year and see all that one has accomplished.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like what you did - looking back at the year and choosing your favorite posts. Some of the posts looked familiar to me, it was nice to see them again. I'm sorry that Blogger is giving you headaches again. Sometimes it can be a real pain. I hope your problems will be solved soon and you can comment again. All the best for 2022 and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad for the blogger issues:(
    LOVE that you do this year in review with your faves! A pleasure to see them all. Love the May coffee art especially.
    Happy New Year, and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful walk down memory lane.

    Best wishes to you and yours for a great year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogger gives me trouble off and on, too.
    Happy new year, Elizabeth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful round-up of your posts over the past year. Blogger is being very bad with me, too. I use Blogger in Draft mode, and have less trouble there, but some people have trouble leaving comments anyway. I hope the Blogger Gremlins leave soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your review is stunning, thanks for sharing and being a wonderful crafting buddy. I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year ..xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year 🎇
    Hope blogger gets better. Root beer Float!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The coffee-backgrounds are my fav. Oh, sadly Ingo uses instant now - can I use that - don´t think so?
    And the cookies, aww. Too cute to eat!
    Quite a review - good idea, I´ll keep it in mind!
    Blogger, well. Hiccups again, eh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiss and spit at blogger.
    Love your yearly review - and am unable to choose a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great review of the year, you got a lot done. Have a great year 2022, keep going on with your challenges etc. Have a happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great year in review, Elizabeth. Proud to say I remember each post. The coffee stains are my favorite as they remind me of your ATCs which YOU got me addicted to in 2021. Thanks for hosting us each week and being so thoughtful, sweet, and encouraging. I always look forward to T-day and also seeing what you are up to. Happy New Year and T-day. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year Elizabeth!! Nice to go down memory lane, I love that little pumpkin!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun to see these again. I really like the coffee tutorial and your Halloween decorations. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope in 2022 you will be able to get out more! I hope we all will return to a more outgoing life this year. But it looks like you made the best of the situation.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I could help you with the blogger issues, but I'm clueless :(

    What a fun way to look back over the year. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun post. I haven't posted today. Not feeling motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year! Sorry blogger is being a pain, they are probably changing something behind the scenes and don't bother to tell anyone. Loved the review of your favourite posts, I actually really love your jam jar/water glass. Warm Winter Wishes and Happy New Year T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. coffee was a fave here too !! happy 2022 Elizabeth :)☺☺♥♥

    happee mew yeer bleu an squiggles :) heerz ta catnip a plentee in de yeer a head :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those photographs are really wonderful Elizabeth. They are all very interesting, the poinsettia is beautiful, I give one to my son every year to bring luck. That blue opener has fascinated me!
    I really like your art journal page with the flower in the cup, and your beautiful collage is also unique. I'd have one of those butter cookies while I admire your altered book and your Halloween party. Thank you very much for sharing so many good moments with us.
    I'm sending you a big hug, dear friend, take good care of yourself.
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  25. I squeeked my Tea post in at the last minute. I enjoyed looking through your year. Of course my favorites were the art journaling posts. I hope to see more of your work this year. Fondly, D.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sorry that blogger is giving you problems ...
    I enjoyed your review, a nice look back.

    My good wishes for 2022.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  27. It was great to look back over the year with you! I sometimes get those comments but mainly I get read only boxes - so annoying! Hugs, Chrisx ps I e-mailed youx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.