Pages

▼

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Sew Bold

 

Erika, who many of you know as BioArtGal, is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is Let's Face It.

I'm tapping into my mixed media skills with this dimensional journal entry.

This is all about sewing

and a beautiful woman
 
who is deep in thought.

These tools will help her make a beautiful gown.

Then she will be "sew bold and sew beautiful."

 
I started with a sheet of 110 lb. cardstock, over which I glued a section from gifted dress pattern instructions. I added the paint chip sample, which was embellished with scissors from a travel kit, three buttons, and three safety pins holding a length of tape measure I "threaded" through the holes in the paint chip.  I then stamped the woman's image onto a sheet of cardstock and added it to the paint chip sample.  I actually created it on the paint chip, but it smeared, so I re-stamped it and glued the new image over the boo-boo.  I also had no E-6000 when I glued the scissors and safety pins in place.  The excess glue I used wouldn't come off like it would had it been E-6000.

Thank you ever so much for visiting today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Let's Face It.    

 

18 comments:

  1. Well, those aren't "sew sew" designs, at all. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - will you hang it on the wall? I would, it´s clever and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ALWAYS blown away by your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cool page and I really like how you held down the pins. Very nice. Nice bits and pieces too- like the paint card, buttons and using pattern paper for the background. And of course, great face too. Thanks for sharing. You must be happy to be back online! hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially like how you threaded the tape measure through -- functional and adds to the visual element and gives a strong horizontal to balance the verticals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I visited your page and left a comment this morning, and it has once again disappeared, sorry! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's pondering the perfect dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cool piece Elizabeth/very creative for the theme

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! You are so brilliant with your art. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever and pretty, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea and page, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love how you created the Sew page and the way you added the safety fasteners with the tape measure, she is a very beautiful lady image you added as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this page Elizabeth! It's wonderful!
    Hope you're having a good weekend.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is brilliant :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh this is beautiful! You certainly are gifted! This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely brilliant Elizabeth. I am visiting posts where I have been unable to leave comments previously. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.