Pages

▼

Thursday, December 30, 2021

My Summer Cottage

 

This will be my final entry for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.  As I'm sure you know by now, Valerie's theme is When One Door Closes, Another One Opens. You still have time to join us with your own entry, though.

This is the cottage where Bleubeard and I spend our summer days.  The air is clear and the people are friendly.

Bleubeard and I invite you to join us.

Bleubeard is snuggled in his favorite chair on the porch planning his next cat nap (as cats do).

If it gets too warm outside, you are welcome to join us inside where the air conditioner will keep you cool.

For this page, I started with a background of Staz-on reinker and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  Once dry, I added the image which was cut from a strip of wallpaper border.  Finally, I added the words to the bottom of the page that I outlined with a brown dye ink pad.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you joined us today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey before this month is over with your own take on When One Door Closes, Another One Opens.

16 comments:

  1. It looks totally charming. Like Bleubeard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, both of you.
    Love the heart, the "brollies", sunflowers.
    No flowers without rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page Elizabeth, I love the idea of having a summer cottage with AC, that would be something! HaVE a greAT DAY, AND THANKS FOR ANOTHER ENTRY FOR MY ThEME Sorry, my fingers are playing up! Have a great day, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is MY kind of place. I would have to live here all the year round. What a gorgeous picture this is. I love the blue tiles and shutters, the porch with its umbrella stand, planters and that delightful wicker chair. So glad you have a bird box too.
    Oh Elizabeth you have transported me to a favourite place.
    Hugs & Happy New Year to you three
    Neet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how beautiful summer cottage you and your dear friend have! It is like a blue dream from a saga.
    I wish you and yours a very Happy and Healthy New Year 2022.
    And I thank you for your inspiring challenge bog all over the year 2021, Elizabeth !
    Hugs, Sirkkis

    ReplyDelete
  6. A large wicker chair on a nice big front porch sounds like a great summer choice. I hope there's a great view from the cottage -- a lake? Mountains? a little fishing village? We can dream.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be a great summer cottage. And I first spied the sunflowers and thought of you in the sunflower state. If only the porch chair was a highback one like you have on your porch. This is a great way to end the month at AJJ as well as a beauty for Valerie's challenge. Enjoy your day (or I hope you do if you read this comment tonight). hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I"m delighted to accept :) I'll enjoy my safe virtual visit at this lovely cottage :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cottage is so warm and inviting. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would gladly visit you in your cozy cottage if I could! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and leaving your kind comment. Hope you have a happy, healthy and wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Also so creative to use a wallpaper border image. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to walk right into that picture and plunk myself on the porch and enjoy summer. We're expecting six inches of snow in another day or two!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful perfect cottage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always something I have admired, the thought of a porch surrounding my house where I could sit and admire the great outdoors 360* Such a pretty scene, cats always find the comfy seat. Really beautiful Elizabeth.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty. Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a really lovely front porch Elizabeth, and a beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.