It's time once again to join Chris of Pearshapedcrafting, our host this month at Art Journal Journey. By now I suspect you know she has chosen All Kinds of Weather as her theme this month. But it's also Thursday, which means it's time to join Rain's Thursday Art Date, which this week is Wisps and Winds.

It's definitely windy today.

"Winds swirl,

leaves dance."

Here are a few close up photos.

For this page, I started by laying down some leftover yellow watercolor I didn't want to go to waste on 110 lb cardstock (consequently, the buckles). The page sat for weeks until I realized I could finish it if I got out my watercolors and finished the background. Once finished, I thought it looked like a whirlwind, thus the concept was formed and the words were computer generated. I affixed the words to yellow card stock that I cut to size, outlined in black dye ink, then ran over my carpet to rough the cardstock up a bit. Silly me attached the silk leaves using E6000 before I adhered the words.
Bleubeard and I would like to thank you for dropping by today. We also hope to see you at
Art Journal Journey with your own journal page interpreting All Kinds of Weather and Rain's Thursday Art Date, which is Wisps and Winds. 
Further, I'm joining our lovely and talented host Leah Piken Kolidas for Day 18 of
AEDM and I created a journal page for two challenge blogs.
Evocative and beautiful. Again.
ReplyDeleteI love the bright yellow and pink background with the fallen leaves.
ReplyDeleteYou have a lot of imagination Elizabeth to always think of something new :)
waue a bang of colours. love watercolours
ReplyDeleteFabulous project, so beautifully made! One of my faves! Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteGreat card and colours, love the leaf images. x
ReplyDeleteA feast for my eyes. Yes, it's stormy weather now. We stay at home... and paint. Some cards for Christmas is my work. See here, if you like
ReplyDeletehttps://happy-hour-with-picts.blogspot.com/2021/11/katze-im-november.html
Lovely colourful page and a great idea.
ReplyDeleteHugs Wendy
Nice page, oh, yes, windy it is indeed now.
ReplyDeleteIt does have swirling movement! As always Ilike your background too.
ReplyDeleteLovely your dancing leaves
ReplyDeleteMuch💛love
Such a happy page. I'm glad I don't have to rake up all those leaves 😉
ReplyDeleteGood morning, I love your page-the leaves were really dancing here yesterday-allot of strong winds and drop in temperature yesterday.
ReplyDeletefunny when I was replying to comments on my page I got an error message too-funny after just reading that you got one too haha Happy Thursday
What a pretty background and it's very poetic to think of leave dancing. My daughter sent a photo yesterday and ours have all danced themselves out at home.(Now I need to rake when I get home...) I love how you adding the swirling leaves too. This is beautiful and perfect for Chris' challenge at AEDM. Hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteBeautiful piece Elizabeth!
ReplyDeleteLovely colours together, it definitely looks like swirling leaves in the wind, but with happy colours. Happy AEDM Elle/EOTC xx
ReplyDeleteA wonderful background, and I love your dancing leaves Elizabeth!
ReplyDeleteI love how you saved this piece and turned it into a dance with the leaves and the wind. Nothing nicer than seeing the wind through the window whipping up the leaves as they twist, turn and tumble from the trees. A very effective piece Elizabeth.
ReplyDeletehugs, Neet xx
Love the whirlwind you created with the bright colors of dall and the leaves blowing freely.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous page Elizabeth! I love all of the dancing leaves and the colors you used for the background is so bright and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteTake care & hugs, Tammy
This is lovely, beautiful colours together.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
This is truly beautiful. Fulfills the theme perfectly.
ReplyDeleteThis is awfully pretty. Leaves Dance. I love that!
ReplyDeleteThis piece is amazing. I love the colors, the saying and the leaves.
ReplyDeleteYes, the leaves do dance! Sometimes they do so in a frenzy!
ReplyDeleteyour picture is perfect for me as I am seeing leaves everywhere flying around like spirits on the wind as they fall from the trees here :)
ReplyDelete...there are lots of dancing leaves here too!
ReplyDeleteI love your dancing leaves Elizabeth! Perfect for this time of year...the leaves are dancing about in the wind here too today. Oh and thank you for yours and Bleubeard's thoughts on Leo. Things are not looking good. :(...he's jaundiced again and we are hoping he will pull through this second hurdle. ♥
ReplyDeleteI smiled when I saw this page, seems great minds think alike ...ha,ha! Loving the bright autumnal colours and all those leaves flying around your page in the wind - perfect 😁. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x
ReplyDeleteI am really taken with this. It seems to perfectly depict autumn leaves swirling around in the breeze, a wonderful aspect of fall that reminds us that we are all children at heart.
ReplyDeleteI love the swirling leaves on you beautiful Autumn background! A great way to join my 'All Kinds of Weather' theme, Thank you dear Elizabeth, hugs, Chrisx
ReplyDeleteThis captures the season perfectly!
ReplyDeleteThe leaves do look like they are dancing, the page has a fantastic feeling of movement when I look at it. Sorry for the late visit.
ReplyDeleteYvonne xx