Pages

▼

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Winds of Change

 

Tracey from Hotchpotchcreations is our host this month at Art Journal Journey, and her theme is My favorite color is October.   Today I'm being a bit windy.

As you can see, 
 
"The wind has swept the
 
leaves of their glory."

Leaves die, fall to the ground where they mingle with the dying grasses

that will soon nourish the soil and replenish the hungry earth.

I started this journal page by mixing yellow heavy body paint with molding paste and running it over a stencil that I thought looked like grass.  When dry, I added the focal image and the sentiment.  

Thank you ever so much for visiting today.  Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own journal page for My favorite color is October.      


22 comments:

  1. Love the background! And the idea.
    Huhhhh, very windy here, too. Autumn sure has arrived.
    (And to your kind question, I was better but now outch again. How?! Will be OK)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations.
    It is very windy here too, on the other side of the world in Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations and background...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This journalsite is gorgeous. You find the mood of this scene. Bravo.

    Thank you for stopping by and your nice comment, by the way... I hope, I find one day to install a translator.

    Enjoy your Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely piece today, Elizabeth, I love this time of year when the leaves are falling, but I hate all those horrible vacuum cleaners that suck up the leaves instead of leaving them to replenish the earth. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely picture - very different from the other one but equally lovely. I do like autumn when the leaves turn into those beautiful colours but I also like winter when you see the true shape of the trees.
    The sky in your picture is gorgeous, dark and moody but so beautiful with its touches of yellow which you have echoed in the background to the whole page.
    a lovely page Elizabeth
    Have a nice weekend, hugs to all Neet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful autumnal scene, Elizabeth, and a great page. Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Safe inside out of the wind and cold watching the leaves fly by the window

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this page today my friend. That picture feels like winter's winds are blowing in. Brrr. But in another way, it looks like nice weather to walk especially up where that view is. That is a cool background too. Is it a stencil? I makes a great effect. I hope you have a super weekend and it isn't that cold in Wichita. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your background! Perfect for the theme and foreground image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sky in that image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful autumnal page! I love the stencilled grass in the foreground and the fabulous image - perfect 😁. Wishing you a lovely weekend! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely page.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our October weather has been exceptionally mild and beautiful this year, though we are experiencing a bit of colder weather this weekend. Your picture is more like a prediction of what’s in store for us.

    Best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. great journal page Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great page Elizabeth, I love the focal image!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have displayed these window pictures and your wind journal page very nicely and so it sweeps all over the country in October ...
    Have a nice day, hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the stenciled dried grass and that lovely picture. Super windy picture storey, Elizabeth. Perfect October page. Mnay hugz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, sadly the leaves are disappearing quite fast now. Our apartment will be lighter though - the tree is such a friend to us as it shades us enough to sit out on out balcony in Summer and lets the sun shine through for some welcome warmth in Winter. I love your page - it looks very much like the skyline at Lyme Park. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the sound of the wind blowing through the tree's we are lucky to have so many trees near so they all tend to look after each other and the leaf shed is a slow process during October. I love your variation of my theme Elizabeth, beautiful imagery used. Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wrote my last comment too soon! I can't comment on your Friday Funny post. I click on comment and it flips to a closed comment page. I loved seeng your veggies and plants. The museum does look another great place to visit. The last funny really had me giggling! Oh! Blogger - what are you doing??? Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.