Pages

▼

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The Owl's Tale

 

It's once again time to join Tracey from Hotchpotchcreations, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is My Favorite Color is October.  Today this was all about the colors, rather than the subject matter.  

This is My Owl's Tale.  

Here are a few closeups.






One of the unintended problems was my tension when I used my zig zag stitch.  I had variegated orange in my top and variegated blue in my bobbin, because I forgot to change it.  I personally thought it worked quite well with the blue in the focal image.
 
By the time I sewed around the outside, I had changed the bobbin thread to another shade of variegated orange. 

I started this entry with a background from my stash I printed on my ink jet printer back when I still had color ink.  The first thing I did was sew the assembly together using variegated threads as I mentioned above to paint chip samples from my stash I outlined in black dye ink.  After the assembly was complete, I changed my bobbin thread and sewed the background to a sheet of 110 lb. cardstock.  I added the assembly and the sentiment that I wrote in dark blue ink. 

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today.  Bleubeard and I are thrilled you joined us and hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey with your own journal entry for My favorite color is October.      

 

15 comments:

  1. I adore owls - and love your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stitching (will try and shorten trousers today, huhhhh, a first!) - and I love owls, have you read about Wesley?
    Or did I ask you before? Better twice than never ;-)

    I´ll think about a tale when trying the trousers. And... BOOM - I have the first one in mind already. It scared me as kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely journal page Elizabeth, beautiful colours, too. You did well with the stitching. My machine is very temperamental these days! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors, sewing, and owl, Elizabeth. Super page. We are all wanting to know the owl's story now! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. That owl has a very human face. I love to see them sitting in a tree, and they probably do have a story somewhere in mind.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a leading title. I like this piece of art. I like the stitching too, especially the blue. And those squares of rust/wine colored paper is all this cool painting/picture needs. I wonder what the owl's tale is.And that woman who looks like a warrior.I like this take on Tracey's challenge a lot. Hope your week is going well! hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been having a good catch up this morning and have enjoyed reading the posts and seeing your awesome pages and takes on Tracey's AJJ. this page is fabulous and I love how you created the owl and stitched it altogether.
    Have a good rest of the week.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the stitching works. That owl has a lot of atmosphere about her, perfect for an October theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colours, so perfect for this season.
    I think your stitching worked well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely brilliant. Beautiful colours and of course I love your stitching! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Owls remind me of my aunt who collected them. Still miss her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, you certainly used the colours of autumn/October in your page today. The owl and his background are very autumnal and another "yes" - you are right, the blue that was in the machine bobbin matches perfectly with the blue in the owl picture.
    I love the substrate that you chose and the way you stitched all around the edge.
    Hope Squiggles is getting better.
    Hugs, Neet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. True Autumnal inspiration with those colours and that Owl centre piece is a very beautiful image, love it's abstract design. Your different coloured stitched edges bring each layer out. Another super page Elizabeth, thanks again for joining in with my AJJ theme. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful page, I love the owl and your beautiful stitching Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.