As many of you who visit my blog daily know, I like to base my second look on the month's host at Art Journal Journey. This month it is Tracey, so I decided to concentrate on Halloween, which focuses on the colors I chose for some cards and tip-ins I made. Since I don't often make cards, this was a stretch for me. I created this post in October, 2013. Part of it is shown below.
Just in time for Halloween
I believe everyone who was supposed to receive these cards has now received them. I'm sure some of you saw the envelopes I sewed, using pages from an old Somerset Magazine Halloween edition.
I
made all of them using the same five stamps, one punch, a bit of tape,
old book pages, wallpaper, paint chips, and three colors of craft paint.
The back of each was decorated the same. You can see Bleubeard isn't any better at stamping than I (grin).
I also made two tip-ins, one of which (on the right) you might have seen on Halle's
blog recently, although it actually looked better after I added the ink
to the left edge before I sent it. It never hurts to see the flaws
through the lens of your camera. It was good I saw this flaw before I
sent the tip-in.
I was so incredibly grateful when I asked Halle, and she graciously gave me permission to use her photo of my tip-in to her. Her camera was so much better than mine.
The backs of the tip-ins were hand painted, but quite plain, even though I actually did a bit of stamping there, too.
The irony of these cards and tip-ins? Each person I sent one to is a
seamstress in her own right. And it's been obvious from the first
stitch I ever took right up to this latest batch of sewed goodies, I
couldn't sew a straight line if my life depended on it!!
_________________________________________
I love this batch! Halloween is one of my very favorite holidays and your cards are just wonderful for it.
ReplyDeleteHi Elizabeth, lots of beautiful 2nds today, you know how I love Halloween and autumn. Nice to see these beauties again. And you asked about the letter box. The E is Elizabeth, then the Roman numerals ll for 2nd and R for regina, queen. The initials and numbers change for each monarch. R can also mean Rex if the monarch is a male. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteI am very sure that anyone who received one of your cards will treasure it.
ReplyDeleteAutumn/Fall and Halloween all those colours blend quite seamless. Love the cards you shared again a delight for all that received. There's much more interest in a wavy stitched line than one that's straight and they certainly finished each collaged card off quite beautifully.
ReplyDeleteHappy 2nd on the Second Hugs Tracey xx
Cool cards and I love the paw :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks to you I´ll shorten my trousers myself! (I hope I´ll manage and not ruin them).
Sadly (?) Halloween is... not really popular here still. And with Corinna... forget about it.
Halloween is my favorite holiday and your cards made me smile.
ReplyDeleteGreat minds are thinking a like-smile. I couldn't get into October and not show some Halloween. I see you were on the same wavelength. And these are fantastic Elizabeth. Wow! I love the colors and the stitching and the images and the layering...ok, I might be going overboard but these are really super cards and tip ins. I'm glad you shared them since I didn't stop by your blog in 2013. I hope October is going well for these 2 days, and thanks for linking me up to AJJ again on the first. I meant to mention that yesterday and got in a rush. Have a wonderful Saturday. Hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteI love the Autumn colours Elizabeth and I will have to face up to Halloween at some time so this is great encouragement. Hugs, Chrisx
ReplyDelete"E" these are wonderful ... love every one of them!
ReplyDeleteYou created some great Halloween cards. I need some card inspiration so thank you.
ReplyDeleteLove love love this so much. On my website the fabric is sold by the piece. Not the year. So the price is for what is listed. Well below what I paid for it by the yard. LOL
ReplyDeleteGood creativity.. Have a nice weekend
ReplyDeleteI hope once I start to cut my hours back I will have more time for creativity. Halloween is a fun time of year.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on and stay safe
Really great Halloween or October cards. :)
ReplyDeleteAn absolutely fabulous collection! I love your sewn and collaged envelopes!
ReplyDeleteLovely to see these, thank you.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
I just love this second on second edition. Your piece is fabulous -- so much detail, fabulous colors, perfect for October and for fall.
ReplyDeleteI love these envelopes-spooky, fun and the sewing fits right in. I can't do a straight line either but who cares. :)
ReplyDelete