Pages

▼

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Pride

 

It's time to join Tracey from Hotchpotchcreations.  Tracey has chosen My Favorite Color is October (or My Favourite Colour is October) as her theme for Art Journal Journey.

I call this one Pride for obvious reasons.
 
It has all the colors I associate with autumn and October.
 
It has a bit of humor with the rooster crowing loudly on the outhouse roof,
 
an American flag hanging from one of the trees,
 
bunnies and chickens running in the green, 
 
and fabrics sewn to the fence that flap in the breeze that will help deter deer and foxes and protect the chicks and bunnies on the other side.
 
I think of this as Grandma Moses early Americana style art, to which I added a bit of glitzy pop art.  My apologies for the photos.  It's hard to get good photos now the autumn light isn't good in either my dining room or kitchen, where these photos were taken.

Thank you beyond belief for dropping by today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you visited and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on My favorite color is October, regardless how you spell it.
 
 

24 comments:

  1. Big, big smiles. Thank you, I needed that this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun page, Elizabeth. The colours of autumn are so beautiful. Have a wonderful day, take care! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of all the happy times I have spent in America with my friend. How I miss her.
    It's a lovely page Elizabeth, full of reminders of the things I consider American and the way that flag is flying is brilliant!
    I hope you and Bleubeard (and Squiggles) are all well and having a lovely time this fall.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting page. I had to look at it a bit. It is perfect for Tracey's challenge, and I like all the details you added. The laces look great as does the flag. It's a great primitive picture also. Thanks for sharing this. Happy middle of the week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome page Elizabeth-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinating how Grandma Moses is synonymous with a certain style of art! You chose a quite amusing sketch for your base today. I like the muted color scheme.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a big smile, Elizabeth! Pride is for all creation, isn't it ;)
    Happy October xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun page, hehe, now this is one pride guy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any scene with chickens brings a smile :) I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You created a beautiful country scene Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roosters are always so proud. They act like THEY are the ones laying the eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wavez two ewe bleu and squiggles....we hope ewe both iz doin grate and gettin inta trubullz and we wanna tell elizabeth thiz peace iz grate... all tho...... we due see chikcnz....sew ~~~~~~~~~~

    ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great page Elizabeth, love the chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely page.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful autumn page Elizabeth, with lots of October details.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fantastic post and I liked seeing this style of art and I think you chose a super powerful word to use on this page.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely muted October colors, very cool page, Elizabeth. Love the chickens and the fences and the flag. The word is perfect. Fab! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful - IO love how the flag is flying on the tree. Love the soft Autumn colours, perfect for Tracey's AJJ theme. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun piece. Rooster on the roof of the outhouse made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhh I love this! Well done indeed my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bright, beautiful and bountiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This one definitely has that American Art vibe Elizabeth with the quirky barn, picket fence and Rooster on top waking up the world. Lovely fabric foundation additions, i'd love to sit on that fence and watch the world go by.
    Thanks for another fab share for my theme @ AJJ. I love it.
    Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.