Pages

▼

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

It's Time

 

Today Bleubeard and I have been honored to be the Guest Designers for Try it on Tuesday.  We consider it a fabulous honor and look forward to sharing our entry with you.

I'll start at the beginning, because you may have already seen the completed entry if you have come from the Try it on Tuesday blog.  The first thing I did was fussy cut many clocks.  Once cut, I laid them down using pale mint green house paint.  I had no gesso and didn't want to use my gel medium, so paint was my alternative choice.

In addition to the clocks, I also included two old calendar pages from years past, three fortunes referencing time, and two postage stamps with clocks on them.

For once I was smart and tested all the shimmering mists before I added them to the page.  Some were too dark and would have obliterated the clocks.  You can see I used both commercial and my handmade shimmer mists.

I masked some of the embellishments because the clocks were all I wanted to color.

I added the various spray mists

and took a few photos so you could see the results of misting.

Here is the completed entry.  Not the best photo in the world, so I will provide lots of close-ups.

I wish this had shown up better in the final spread.

















As I explained above, I began by laying down pale mint green house paint, over which I placed the fussy cut clocks, fortunes, and postage stamps.  
 
After masking and spraying, I added the computer generated words, the lovely Memory Makers clock (upper left), and real clock hands, over which I covered with a gifted gold circle.  The die cut letters (T, M, and E), created from various leathers, were chosen for their texture.  The "I," created from a wood mounted red rubber stamp called Pocket Watch, was stamped on paper, then adjusted in Photoshop to fit the size of each of the words.

Thank you for joining me today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you stopped by and are very grateful to Jo and the wonderful design team at Try it on Tuesday for inviting Bleubeard and me to be their guest designer for Time.

25 comments:

  1. You are very creative with the clocks and calendars. It is a good reminder that time waits for no one. I better do what I need to do and not waste any more precious time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to have you at TIOT as guest designer! Your page is lovely, certainly all about time, you really found a lot of clocks! Time certainly flies, this month has just melted away! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page. I like all the different clocks and a reminder to get a move on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being our guest designer for this challenge! You rocked it! LOVE all the clocks, as well as all your sentiments hiding here and there! Have a super week! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful pages! It's perfect for the TioT challenge with all those amazing clock faces and pretty colours 😀. I loved seeing how it all came together, you are such an inspiration! Thanks so much for joining us as Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to see you as guest designer on TIOT, your page is so interesting, so many clocks and love the
    Quotes you have used too, fab pages


    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are our guest designer this time around Elizabeth. And what a cool page. I love all the clocks!!!! That's a lot of fussy cutting. Did your fingers get sore? It's also clever to add the postage stamps, the fortune and the calendar mini-pages. Your talent shines though as you outdid yourself with this beauty. Thanks for joining us with this beauty. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. This should be a favorite theme for many artists. You’ve found many ways to express time. In my senior years time is a precious commodity. You are always so resourceful for your crafting supplies which are inspiring when there is a lack of something or desire to not use a certain craft supply. It’s been fun reading how your fun time spread was created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm enjoying this page a lot! The focus on analog clock faces strikes a nostalgic chord in many. Well done, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on hosting Elizabeth, and I am loving this page very much! and thank you for the tutorial as well

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! Three cheers for hosting and I really like the way you used the timepieces in it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Elizabeth. This spread is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the end result turned out VERY NICE Elizabeth. great job on this !! ♥♥☺☺

    bleu N squiggles; we hope itz time for ewe ta get inta trubullz ;) ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on hosting the TIOT event. Beautiful artistry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous page Elizabeth! I love all of the different clocks you used and fantastic fussy cutting, love your handmade shimmer mist, thanks for the tutorial link :) So happy to have you as our guest designer at TITO!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous Guest Designer you are - its so good to see you at Try It On Tuesday and with such a fabulous page. That's a lot of fussy cutting, I'm sure you paced yourself well. I love the clever way you replaced the 'i' with a watch. Love the time quotes too! Hugs, Chrisx
    ps Have you seen the e-mail I sent?

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's lovely to have you as our Guest Designer at TioT Elizabeth, and with such a fabulous time themed page. Lots of fussy cutting, but so worth it for the variety of clock faces you added and I love the little fortune quotes.
    Have a great week, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Elizabeth its lovely having you as our Guest designer at TioT's for this theme. This is a fantastic journal page spread with so much to look at and all the photos you included added to the inspiration you have given us all . I hope your hands weren't to painful after all the fussy cutting.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the theme of clocks, and I love the way your project turned out. It really pulls one in. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. very cleaver with this challenge. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! I am so glad you showed us close ups, because it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. you did a huge job creating this one. So many clocks to find and place in your layout. I´m impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on being Guest designer, your page is fabulous, so many timepieces and time references. I like the quote about nature, time and patience. Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.