Pages

▼

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Autumn's lush colors and Rain's Broomsticks

 

It's once again time to join Tracey from Hotchpotchcreations.  Tracey has chosen My Favorite Color is October as her theme for Art Journal Journey.

It's also time to admire the lush colors of autumn.

I've included a few close-up photos of the leaves and the focal image.


I saw greens in every lush shade imaginable, offset by autumnal flashes of red and yellow.


I started this 110 lb. cardstock page using my go-to background of black Staz-on reinker and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  Although subtle, the page is no longer stark white, although it doesn't show well in my photos.

When the cardstock was completely dry, I cut mats of black cardstock and framed the focal image and the sentiment by sewing them to the substrate using variegated thread.  Finally, I added the silk leaves to the page using E6000. 

Thank you beyond belief for dropping by today.  Bleubeard and I are delighted you visited and hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey with your own take on My favorite color is October. 
 
At the very last minute, I decided to join Rain's Thursday Art Date, which this week is broomsticks.
 
This is a horrible photo, but considering the time of night, I hope you understand my lack of light.  I had to move several of the watering cans that normally sit on that side table in order for you to see these.  That's my head and arms in the photo, too.  I assure you, the walls are white, but they look brown in the photo.  That's my TV cable you see along the wall.

On the wall at a 90 degree angle from the other photo (note TV cable cord coming from ceiling upper left) are these brooms.  All were made by craftsmen and artisans that I purchased at various fairs in the late 1990s and early 2000s.  Again, the walls are white, but they sure don't look it in these photos.  These are my country inspired walls, and of course, there are two rocking horses in the mix.

Thanks for sticking around while I join Rain's Thursday Art Date this week with some of my purchased broomsticks.

26 comments:

  1. what an interesting collection, I think I would like to explore your house some more - brooms like these are an unusual collection and make a great display - I do hope you have some flying ointment ready for your Halloween broomstick night out .... looks like perhaps you fly with others and I am imagining witches crowding into your house to select a choice broom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those vibrant colours are a joy - and I love your brooms too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fascinating autumn scenery of the village; the colors are breath taking and your sewing embroidery match it well.
    Love your beautiful altered book/art journal page.
    Have a happy time xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those first photos are absolutely beautiful, and dad says they look like any of several small towns he lived in up north before he and mom got fed up with the cold and headed down here. Wonderful artwork all 'round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the autumnal creation for Tracey's challenge, so beautiful. And you have a wonderful collection of broomsticks, I don't have any like that! Have a good flight! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of the cooler weather, but you can't beat the colors of Fall. Your country decorations are awesome and make wonderful decorations especially at this time of year

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, the fall colors are striking! The brooms are making me want to try making one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That scene on your art could be parts of NH or Vermont. Probably more of Vermont, but it sooooo pretty. I like those silk leaves you added too. It makes such a pretty page. And you have a nice broom collection. They look great on the wall with your rocking horse too. Thanks for sharing those for Rain's art page, because I don't join in there so ti is nice to see them. I hope you have a super Thursday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your autumn leaves and broomstick collection

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely autumn art and broomsticks too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Autumn scenery and the silk leaves make it special.
    Interesting collection of artisan brooms.
    Enjoy the weekend Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice collection of whisks and brooms -- even a lovely bit of wheat weaving! I see that your large broom is a cobweb broom -- it looks very similar to my own personal witch's broom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, your brooms are amazing, as is that lovely little rocking horse.
    I do like the scene you chose for your page today Elizabeth, very pretty picture and such beautiful colours. In fact I would say it is perfect and with the addition of those gorgeous silk leaves it makes for a very pleasing entry to the challenge at AJJ.
    Hugs to all, Neet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice photo in piece number one; it would be nice to look out one's window and see this everyday !!

    those brooms are really neat; been awhile since I've seen one hand crafted like that

    squiggles we hope ewe iz doin way better dood ...♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. The craft of making brooms is not very well known, so I'm fascinated by the number and variety in your collection.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely, lovely fall colors.
    Cool brooms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You see exactly what I see in October Elizabeth how rich in the scenery around us this time of year an art gallery upon our doorstep. The way you broke this pictures down using the words in strips slows us down to take time to enjoy it. Fabulous share again Elizabeth your display of broomstick is incredible.
    I wish I had had time to add a broom stock to my moon this week but sadly a hospital appointment got in the way.
    Creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. ...what a broom collection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your art is amazing but I am loving your broomsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful seasonal piece, and I like the broom display.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful page Elizabeth, and I love your brooms display!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the Village art. So cosy it looks and welcoming. :)
    Your broomsticks are cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous art, I love the Autumn colours.
    Your broomsticks are amazing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fall colors are always a favorite, though they say this years colors will not be as spectacular because of the drought. Your art work, however is delightful and I can see you put a lot of effort into them, stitching and all. You have some awesome brooms, though not many would be good for flight :) Very nice post and give Bluebeard some soft scritches behind the ears for me :)Glad you are staying safe and well ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Elizabeth! :) Your autumn colour page is just beautiful. So cozy! :) And I'm super happy to see your broomsticks! They are lovely! Thanks so much for sharing! Leo say meow meow to Bleubeard and all of my furries are sending some purrs and snores to Squiggles. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! This page is a real stunner Elizabeth. What a great place to live too!
    I love your country craft display.
    I'm having to revisit lots of blogs - Blogger is being a bit of a diva! No problems here thank goodness! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.