Pages

▼

Monday, September 27, 2021

T Stands For Chess

 

 It's T Time.

I'm at my dining room table waiting for water to heat to boiling.

 I'll be drinking this wonderful Rose Garden tea that gives me the most beautiful tea bags when dried.

My foodie friend Sally gave me these bags of the most delicious melt-in-your-mouth buttery cookies ever.  

I've already had some, so thought I would share these with you.

Please help yourself.

Because I had planned the tea and butter cookie post for last week, I didn't have more of these cookies to share.  These are more of the goodies my friend Kathy gave me.  These are all from THIS century (grin)!

I wish I'd had these Typography playing cards (there are four sets total in the baggie) when Neet was our host at Art Journal Journey.  I bet Nan and CJ would find the calligraphy set useful and fun.
 
I now have more brads than I will use in a lifetime.  They look so useful, too.

It's time to share your own drink inspired post this week.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, as long as it in some way relates back to a drink, any drink.  Regardless, please share below and Bleubeard and I, along with the rest of the T gang will be by to visit.   Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  


 



It's also time for you to dig up your Second on the 2nd.  It can be any post, any genre, as long as it has been published sometime in the past. 

 

29 comments:

  1. Those chess cookies look delicious, really yummy. You got lots of useful stash from your friend, you certainly have plenty of brads. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would some of those buttery cookies for sure. Your tea sounds delicious I would love a cup of that for sure. Your friend Kathy is sooo thoughtful-enjoy all the goodies Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger ate my first comment -- too bad, it was about loving Pepperidge Farm cookies so maybe there's a cookie monster somewhere around. I've lost a lot of comments recently.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black and red type brads. Your tea set-up looks so calm and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those buttery cookies do look tasty :)
    Lots of good things from your friend.

    Enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love those chessman cookies. YUM!
    You received a lot of useful gifts from Kathy. Looking forward to seeing what you create with them.
    Happy Tea day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies! Thanks to Sally for the reminder, I haven’t had them in ever too long. Your place setting is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Pepperidge Farm products. The Chessmen cookies are good, and I really love the designs on them. They are just perfect for a cup of tea (or coffee) and not too sweet. You have a lovely table setting with them. And nice goodies from Kathy too. Those typography cards would have been great for Neet's challenge, but I am sure you will find a good way to use all of the supplies. Have a wonderful T day Elizabeth. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh! I think I tried some of those Chessman cookies when I was a kid someplace. No clue where or when but I remember them as melting in your mouth delicious! A memory I didn't know I had--LOL!
    Fun to have new goodies to play with. You'll have to think of some projects to use brads on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cookies look very delicious. I love the designs on them, they're almost all different. I bet they have a wonderful buttery taste. It reminds me of a certain kind of cookie in Germany where the different designs are pressed into the dough before baking. It's almost like a print - I don't really know how to explain it. The forms are traditional and have been in some families for several generations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH, I haven't had the Rose Garden tea yet or even noticed it before. What a delightful tea and wonderful cookie, and I noticed the pretty cloth napkin, too. Great gifts from Kathy. Looks like a lovely tea day post! Hugs, Elizabeth. Oh, did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the chessmen cookies. Sometimes it's nice to have a plain cookie. Cool treasures to use in your art, too. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun! Come see my drinking duck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think my sweet tooth wakes up, those cookies look yummy, like our Leibnitz cookies, haven´t had them for years! And awww great gifts, it´s a pre-Christmas! Happy times!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look like delicious butter cookies. And the tea sounds nice too. I smiled when you said you like that tea because it gives you a beautiful colour when dried.
    You have been given such nice gifts from Kathy. Brads are useful. Once you have them you will use them as they can be added anywhere that needs a little ‘something’.
    I hope this comment gets to you as I’m doing this on my iPad.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Elizabeth, The cookies sound delicious with a lovely cuppa, what better reason to buy the tea than it dries nice, ha,ha.
    Lovely Brads and can be useful, I have a few but usually forgot to use them unless I am looking for something else and see them in the drawer, like most things I have, I forget I have them stashed away
    Happy T Day
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. I forgot about those cookies. They are delicious. I like your assortment of craft items.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those biscuits look delicious. I never liked shortbread until an elderly friend made some and I do like hers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy cookies and tea. I totally get your reason for drinking the tea - pretty tea bags are a treat! Love the cards and brads from your friend - she shares interesting things. Fun post and happy T-day, Elizabeth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love those cookies! I don't buy them because then I eat them all lol

    Happy T Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love buttery cookies. Rose tea sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh those cookies look soooo good. Buttery and rich. Nice to have all those brads too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So lovely to enjoy T Time with you and your table setting is gorgeous! Love the frilly placemat and the tea be butter biscuits look delicious 😀. So many beautiful goodies, those brads look wonderful! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  24. So...we can expect to see brads featuring a lot on your pages!!
    Those butter cookies look fabulous - we get thistle patterns on shortbread.
    Love your place mat and the sense of occasion you have with that gorgeous lace napkin! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love good butter cookies and your arrangement looks very eye appealing.
    Nice goodies;)
    Take special care.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was unable to join the Tea Party today but I wanted to touch base. I miss joining in every week. Those cookies looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful, loving the stunning post xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.