Pages

▼

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Monday Murals


I hope everyone who is visiting from the states is having a great holiday weekend.  Right now, it's time to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time.

If you visited last week, you saw the Immigration is beautiful mural. This mural I'm sharing today was created during the repair of the mural I showed last week.  It sits on the back side of the building where the other mural was painted.

I was having trouble getting close enough because I didn't want to walk past the men who were busy working. 

Although I explained I wouldn't get their faces in the photo, they even posed for me and asked that I take their photos.

Somehow, I didn't feel right walking past them.  I have no idea why, but something made me feel uncomfortable, perhaps the fact that neither of them was wearing a mask.  Perhaps I will return one of these days to photograph this one again when no one is around.

As noted last week, this mural was created by a group of Wichita, Kansas (USA) high school students known as the Latin Leaders (LL) under the guidance of Armando Minjarez.  This mural sits at the back of a building at 21st Street and Park Place in Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  

19 comments:

  1. Elizabeth's internet is down. She wanted me to let everyone know that she will be back with you as soon as her internet service provider issues are resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great mural. You're wise to keep your distance from un - masked people. Take care Elizabeth! Hope your eye is better. I have my eye OP on Wednesday this week. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mask requirements differ so much from place to place, don't they! I understand you not wanting to get too close. I see from the comment that your internet is down. I hope that doesn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting mural -- so much going on there that it's hard to see what it's doing. You do well when you distance from other people even when they ARE masked.

    Good luck with the internet connection!

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't have passed them either. None of the outside workers wear masks, oh hell what I am saying hardly ANYONE here wears a mask. It became law July 1 to have a face covering in any building. Well it has been a fight and none of the tourist wear masks. No one enforce it. So this mural is amazing. So glad to see that high school kids created it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another cool mural. I hope you get back soon when people aren't there and you can walk by the whole mural more comfortably. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm leery of anyone without a mask, too.
    Interesting mural, though. :)
    I hope you get that darned internet fixed again! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a terrific mural for this time of year, Elizabeth. Nice find! And yes, with the masks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand. I´m too shy always to ask for people´s faces, to show them.
    And especially here in Germany, uh-oh... they could fine you. And even if they would not, it´s a sign of respect, is it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth you are absolutely right to keep distance!!! I'm not sure about the meaning of this painting

    ReplyDelete
  11. A kind of gritty nitty one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always good to see the artist in working.

    ReplyDelete
  13. More super photos of the mural and good that you saw the men painting the wall. I would have kept the distance as well, masks are not worn as much in public here as they are in other parts of the world.
    Stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to catch the artists at work. You'll have to go past it again when there's no one there. I couldn't figure out what the words in the book were.
    Thanks for contributing Elizabeth, glad your friend was able to post for you and hope your internet is back on again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't blame you, I avoid people without masks although I wear one.

    It becomes law tomorrow to wear masks in indoor spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing this mural …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...some guys like to have their picture taken, I'm not one of them! Taking pictures of mural can be hard, that's why they call it work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's a lot to look at in the mural. And I like your pictures of the mural and the people.
    And yeah -- keep that distance. Stay safe.

    We'd love to see the mural again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.