Pages

▼

Saturday, June 20, 2020

The Sands of Time


Bleubeard and I are back today joining Halle at Halle's Hobbies, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  By now, I hope you know her theme is A Stitch in Time.

I named this The Sands of Time

because I thought this image looked like an hour glass.

I sewed the sentiment I wrote on a piece of transparency to my handmade paper.

When I first saw this image, I thought of the TH blueprint stamps he designs.

It's rather ironic how the color changed once the handmade paper was sewn behind the transparency.

For this page, I started with two sheets of my handmade (by me) paper that were not worthy to give to anyone.  I printed the overhead projector transparency using my ink jet printer.   Since this thin sheet of transparency is typically made of cellulose acetate, I was sure it would melt if run through my laser printer.

I cut the transparency to size and sewed it to a sheet of yellow handmade paper.  I then sewed the assembly to a larger sheet of orange handmade paper I affixed to a sheet of 110 lb cardstock.  I also did the same with my sentiment I wrote by hand.  I sewed everything together using variegated thread.  

Bleubeard and I are tickled you joined us today, and we also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey

23 comments:

  1. Great idea for your page, love the sewing you did, well done. Have a lovely Saturday! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post, impressive and lovely design/x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I thought of an hour glass at first, too! Very well done, time so ticks away! My T´s Grandkid is turning one tomorrow! This would be such a great pressie... for him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an idea of yours with sewing, great !!!
    Have a nice day, hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great journal page Elizabeth-I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely and a great theme to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great image. Is it an egg timer or some geometric/physics image? Either way it is really cool and works perfect for being the sands of time. Very nice page today. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice ... love the stitching it's been a long time since I saw variegated thread ... I remember when it was all the rage in sewing ... a very good image for the sands of time ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the variegated thread. Nice artwork Elizabeth.
    Have a lovely Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a trrific idea. I know what you mean about paper good enough for something but not to give away. This works so well and the stitching and colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really don't need to say anything other than WOW! What an absolutely wonderful page! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever and I love that you used your own handmade paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, this is great Elizabeth! I love way you’ve combined the stitches and time to answer the theme. Love the background colour of your HM paper. Too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful page! The design is gorgeous and I love how you hand stitched the sentiment - amazing 😁. Take care and happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. An awesome take on Halle's AJJ theme. A fabulous page and images, I love how you stitched the sentiment to the page as well.
    Stay safe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool "sands of time" illustration, that hourglass shape.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowwwww This is a really Amazing Art page Elizabeth !! I looove it, your sewing is gorgeous, and the papers and colours you have chosen are perfect !!
    I wish you a very happy new week,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  18. A stunning page, I love the image and stitching Elizabeth! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful page. Great stitching. Thanks for the tip about printing on acetate! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.