Pages

▼

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Monday Murals: X3MEX


It's time to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals. Although I'm posting at my regular time, please be aware that Sami's mural link won't go live until 11:01 a.m. my time.

This is another mural I found on the north end of my neighborhood.  It is divided into three pieces which were all painted by an artist known as X3MEX.

I don't speak Spanish, so I have no idea what the mural is telling us.

This triptych was created in 2018.

Although I seem to have cut off the first "X" in his name, you can see in the lower left of this mural, this is how he signs his name.

There are two distinct projects that honor muralists in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  One is Avenue Art Days, which is primarily focused downtown.  I've shown several Avenue Art Days murals in the past.  The second is the Horizontes Project, which focuses more on the north end of Wichita.  This, as you can read is a Horizontes Project.  I live between the two projects, so I have a plethora of murals to discover over the next few months.

I found X3MEX's bio on the internet.  He was born in Mexico, then immigrated to Arkansas, a state in the United States, in 1994.  Here is how he describes his work:
Focus on social issues, I am a visual artist whose mediums range from graphic design, screen printing, mural painting, canvas painting, photography, sculpture, and graffiti. I’m active in my community, am an organizer of cultural events, have painted all through the US and Mexico, from Chiapas, Mexico City, Juarez, NY City, all through the South, Portland, to name a few. From the Spanish embassy in Mexico city to small neighborhoods in Juarez and elsewhere. I’m a co-founder member of the art collective, Movimiento Hunab Ku and member of Colectivo Reziste.
His work is found on Instagram at @x3mex, but I'm not a member, so was only able to see about six images before it went dark and told me to sign in or sign up.  What I DID see were a couple of murals he's created featuring George Floyd.

This mural is located at 130 E. 21st St., Wichita, Kansas (USA).

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World. 

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful murals. I love the idea of 'Paths of hope'. That's something we all need! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these murals and the path of hope is a great idea as Valerie said.Thanks so much for well wishes for hubby, an attack of kidney stones is not a pleasant pain to go through...xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's a beautiful mural. Along th paths of hope... Let's hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very important one you found there. And nice to learn how much the artist does for the community on top of painting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have found a very fascinating mural artist. You are lucky to live in the mural district!

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful. I like how each section of the mural is "framed" and looks like a single picture, but also how they merge into one image

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes "in the path of hope" This is a stunning piece of art and so appropriate. You find the best murals. Thank you. Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful to see these, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how they designed the mural to be a single image spanning 3 panels. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it very much. A gereat find

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...you must have a large Hispanic population in your area! I like murals that have a political or social flavor to them. Thanks for sahring this one, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very insightful ~ Enjoy the week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very insightful ~ Enjoy the week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Googled it.
    Along the paths of hope.
    That's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful murals, so much time abd care must have been taken to create this area.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely triptych mural with a nice message and a Mexican flavour.
    Thanks for contributing Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much detail in this. I wonder how long some of these take to create! I see "esperanza" which is hope, and camino wich is roads. But I see others have translated for us. And are there special paints or sealants to preserve the colors in these outdoor artworks? I'll have to google that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have such fascinating murals in Wichita. And with the Mayan/Aztec theme. The blue behind these people almost makes them glow. Very cool. Sorry to be late but for some reason last night I did the challenge blogs and then just didn't want to sit on the computer. See you later for T. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these and wish they were more common here where i live. I love to see things looking colourful and better than just concrete and brick.

    Have a lovely week my friend
    june x

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's a beautiful triptych Elizabeth! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. You captured this one well!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's become such a medium for peaceful protest :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a really powerful mural with a potent message. I love how they've left the pillars in between as plain brickwork. It gives it all great strength in the framing.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's so wonderful to see all the talented people who are taking the time to send messages for the world to see. I peeked over at Instagram, and he has a lot of great art there. Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.