Pages

▼

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Invest in time


I've another spread to share with Halle at Halle's Hobbies, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is A Stitch in Time.  This may be a stretch, but I'm also joining Try it on Tuesday's latest theme, which is Masculine.

You might not be able to tell from this view

why I named this journal page "Invest in time."

Upon closer inspection, perhaps you can see the dollar sign, which is a symbol of U.S. currency similar to the Pound or the Euro.

A bit of sewing was for interest, but added no value.

The man seems to be racing around the clock, perhaps trying to outrun time before his money runs out.

For this page, I began with two sheets of thin cardboard I glued together.  I was trying to get my handmade shimmering mists to work.  They infuriate me because, even after I clean them and get them unclogged, they still don't spray.  It doesn't matter if they are the ones I make, or commercial products, I've yet to find a spray mist that works for more than a few spritzes.  Even new ones have that same problem.  Besides the mists, I also used copper, light green, and black paint I spread using a faux credit card.  The circles were stamped using a pencil eraser dipped in black paint.  I used a magazine image, wrote the sentiment in green Sharpie, and sewed a line for effect using variegated thread.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you joined us today, and we also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey as well as Try it on Tuesday. 

19 comments:

  1. Fun page, that's a great clock you put on it. Time is money! Thanks for joining us at TIOT, much appreciated. Have a nice day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly a very actual theme, guess many run against time for their money...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that image - perfect for your themes and page. Your background looks great! Lots of countries use a dollar sign - like Canada and Australia - as part of their currency. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page and clock using the Aussie dollar sign too...hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page! love that clock image!!! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page and I everyone else, I like the clock image and your interpretation of racing the clock before the money runs out. As to problem with spray bottles. After I use a commercial spray fixative or spray paint, I was told to turn the can upside down and give a little spray. It helps to keep the can unclogged. I don't know if it releases an air bubble or why it really works, but it seems to help. Maybe you could try the same thing with your spritz bottles? Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool background! The statement is very true as well. Time spent well is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a cool image Elizabeth. I love how your page works for both challenges. Thanks for joining us at TIOT for the masculine challenge. And this is perfect for HAlle's challenge too. I need to try some TIME pages. I pulled out my sewing stamps (the few I have) and since I haven't used them in a long time it's been fun to play with them. And my machine is out and ready to go. Hope you have a great Wednesday and you're week is going well. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous page for both challenges. I really love the clock you created, time does influence us in so many ways I hope the chap walking round the clock catches some and uses it wisely.
    Its a great page for the Try it on Tuesdays theme as well as Halle's at AJJ.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh "E" I really like he little guy walking time ... all the colors in your background a lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. This fits the theme so well. That image is great and I really love the background. It works so well with the image and it really pops. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh em cod....that clock is so cool !!! :) ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, I disagree with you, I think the sewing does add value and I like it very much. In fact I like the whole page and the clock with the man is absolutely fabulous!
    Love that background you made despite the problems with the sprays. They drive me crazy too and I have started using them as paint rather than spraying them on and now I use a brush to brush them on to the substrate.
    Say hello to Bleubeard from me please. Give them both a chin tickle too if you don't mind (can't leave Squiggles out, you know me)
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great page, Elizabeth. The little man looks very 3D. I agree - time is very valuable, so invest a lot in it. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh I love this. Great time piece.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No stretch at all - this is perfect for the Masculine challenge at TIOT! Love the image you used and those colours are great! Thanks for joining us! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that bit of sewing adds a lot! I think this is wonderfully designed, the perfect elements to include for the words you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great page, love the clock and the man trying to outrun time

    Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for giving us the opportunity for leaving comments, this made possible for us to share our social profiles with you. Buy Stamps tips

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.