Pages

▼

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Monday Murals:Alexis Rivierre


Once again, I'm joining Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  I missed last week because I was ill and didn't think I could visit everyone.  Although I'm posting at my regular time, please be aware that Sami's mural linky won't go live until 11:01 a.m. my time.

This was painted by Alexis Rivierre. 

According to her bio, Rivierre is an interdisciplinary artist and 2018 MFA in Art graduate at Wichita State University who constructs visual narratives that investigate memory, identity, representation and the social implications of race in the United States.  She explains:
My work is often rooted in investigating the roles that representation play in the way we construct our identities. I seek to create a work that will communicate beauty, community, growth, strength, and purpose, as these are the words that influence both the representation and the abstract expressions in this piece. Though simplistic in its design, the circles in the work represent a unified community that works together. The flowers indicate continued growth, and the woman’s posture embodies a sense of strength and purpose.
Here she is working on her mural.  This mural can be found at 2130 N Market, Wichita, Kansas, USA.

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  If you stumble on a mural like I did the first time, Sami would love for you to share it, too.



24 comments:

  1. Love this mural, you know I am fascinated by circles and geometric forms. Great colours, too. Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful day, take care! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant and always love seeing these murals.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the mural and the message. Very cool to see her actually working on it too! Hope ou are doing well, and sending some air hugs your way. RO

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cool mural. I still can't get over all the murals in Wichita. Maybe I am just bad at noticing them around here (yes that is probably it), but it fun to do some from the couch sightseeing now that we are all stuck at home. Hope you are feeling much better. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean and graphic- this is a nice one! I love the photo of the artist at work- it shows the magnitude of translating her design to a large-scale "canvas".

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a beautiful mural, I was surprised to see how small the brushes were that she was using.
    Stay safe and I hope you are feeling a bit better.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice geometric mural and very bright, so I'm sure it's hard to miss it. Thank for sharing and participating Elizabeth.
    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad murals are having such a resurgence. They brighten up our public spaces :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fabulous murals! I love the happy geometric designs and bright colours - gorgeous 😁. Happy Sunday! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...this is bold and colorful, I love it. Her mural would brighten up the dullest neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun to see the artist actually working on it. I would have watched mesmerized. This is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a magnificent mural fabulous choice of colours that are so inviting. Stunning central image, how talented Alexis is she looks very happy at work.
    Thanks for sharing Elizabeth, hope your feeling much better now, hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your series of photos do a great job of capturing this mural.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Was really interesting to read the artist’s statement and to see her working on the mural

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this composition. A beautiful, geometrical and colorful mural

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty mural.
    I hope you are much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for the effort you put into seeing my blogpost, Elizabaeth. Great to see your artist at work. And to see her work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful work and to see the artist!! Great. She´s enjoying it big time, so, when work is fun, that is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice mural and glad to see the artist. That you don't see often.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like this woman and her approach to art. She has a real talent and passion for her art.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous mural and interesting post. thanks so much for sharing, she is a great artist.
    I wish you a very nice afternoon, take care and big hugs
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is wonderful! A real work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Colorful! I like catching the artist at work.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.