Pages

▼

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Berries


One minute after this post goes live, my county has officially declared a "Stay at Home" order.  They are not calling it a lock down, because we are still allowed to buy groceries, get gasoline, and visit the hardware store.  However, everything has been shut down for 30 days as of today.  

For those of you who were here yesterday for T Tuesday, I said you don't need SUN and you don't need HEAT to make sun tea.  Some of you thought I meant I had no heat.  That is NOT the case.  Apparently, I didn't make myself clear because I have plenty of heat, lots of blankets, and warm furry bodies to snuggle with.  Now let's join my regularly scheduled post.

I'm back joining Eileen from The Artful Crafter.  She is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her Green (the color) theme. 

I created this green inspired art, then couldn't decide if I wanted to give it a name.

I finally concluded that any words I might add to the images would actually take away from the piece.




For this page, I began with 110 lb card stock to which I added pieces of a fibrous sheet of fabric paper I was gifted many years ago.  I even forget what it was called, but it is beautiful.  I had a long strip of double sided scrapbook paper in which I cut the strip in three places and used two with the polka dots and one with the single color.  I then added the focal image which was cut from a sheet of gift wrap.  I'm sure you will see more of this paper next month, too, since it's recycled. 

Bleubeard and I are delighted that you stopped by today. We hope you will also join us at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by the color Green.

21 comments:

  1. Wonderful page E, the berry paper is really pretty. Have a great day, take care, and stay safe at home with your fur boys. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, very slowly green is developping here, too :-)
    Sorry you have to stay inside, we´re still "open", but I avoid people. I hold my breath when one comes near, too, it´s crazy. But the sun is shining, that makes it all better!

    Btw, Ingo would be OK giving you his mug, if you like I just need your postal address (flaviakaiser@gmx.de).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That berry paper would make a lovely card on its ow, it is so pretty and looks so wel on here. The mulberry paper is identical to some I have and I have the same colour with a gold thread running through it if I remember rightly, now where did I put it?
    My love and wishes go to you, Bleubeard and Squiggles - may you all stay safe and well (and warm with snuggles)
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful paper and lovely colour...take care.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! when you said it was freezing and people were bundled up, I thought ohhh poor you no heat!! ~ I'm glad you have heat. Your recycled wrapping paper is very pretty and full of creative promise ~ just keep crafting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elizabeth I like your page as it is, it's bright and cheerful
    Take Care, Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, almost Christmas-y!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a beautiful page and I especially like that lovely paper with the berries and white space. I think you were right to let it stand alone without adding words.
    Please stay safe and well and look after yourself and the boys.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in my town on the Oregon Coast, tourists think they can still come here and invade our beaches. Some towns have an order that they will be find and all hotels are closed to tourists. Some people are just stupid.
    As for your art. I am glad you left words out. This is so pretty and really feels like spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful page! We're still allowed out for "essentials" so are getting regular grocery trips in weekly. I hope a lock-down never happens :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whew. I was worried about your heat.

    Love the greenery on this piece. It's very delicate and pretty.

    Take care. Staying in isn't bad at all. I've been in for 10 days now and our Stay At Home goes till April 13. I'll probably be in longer. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful page, Elizabeth. I agree, no words are necessary. Love the berry paper. Thank you for sharing it at Art Journal Journey and for all your support of my theme this month.

    Stay safe and well.

    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent. I especially like the berry paper. Very delicate.
    Hope you don't have any more internet problems.
    Stay safe and stay healthy. Sheltering at home is smart. I think its just a matter of time till all states are doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree about not putting any words on this page. That berry paper is too gorgeous, and I love the dark green fibrous paper too. There's talk today that the state of NH may be closing schools even longer than through the end of next week. I am expecting that and so are most people in my school department so let's see how long that takes. I actually hope when we slow this down that people don't rush to reopen everything and make it come back. Keep washing those hands and stay safe. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous. Liking dining room wallpaper. We are also on a Stay at Home order. The governor didn't feel like he had the authority to tell people they couldn't leave their homes. Only necessary travel to the store. There's a list on the state website of essential businesses that can stay open. Everyone else has to work from home. The governor also extended the school closure until May 4. I'm glad our governor is heading the advice of his medical advisors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful in both colour and composition !

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful collage Elizabeth! I love the gift wrap focal! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a Wonderful Art journal page Elizabeth !! I loove this green fabric paper, and the central image is just gorgeous. you have created a great design!
    I wish you a very nice afternoon, and send big hugss
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous page- it definitely doesn't need words! Big Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous layers and papers! I love the berries and texure. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.