Pages

Monday, February 17, 2020

Basket full of hearts


Since Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month, I have a new heart journal entry to share with you. 

It all started with my new teal fluid acrylic, a gifted bicycle stamp (thanks Chris), black dye ink (thanks Mia), an old paint brush, cut hearts, and a cup of water.


I then positioned the hearts "in" the basket on the bike.

Not exactly an original thought, but all I could think of at the time.

As I explained above, I used teal fluid acrylic that I swiped on the sheet of 110 lb card stock.  I watered down some of the fluid acrylic to get the different shades of the background.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Hearts.


16 comments:

  1. Lovely, minimalist page. Have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh! Beautiful! And perfect.
    I need a basket! ;-)
    And hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful ELizabeth! Great!
    Happy new week!
    ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun! I love that bicycle stamp and the hearts are a perfect touch. Fun. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is unexpected and that's what makes it great. I really like it. The little pop of red gives the page a little excitement too. Nice page my friend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful teal shades! I love this minimalist page Elizabeth!
    Have a great week,
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to say, the red hearts look amazing against the teal! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would make an adorable greeting card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your teal and red together, and I love the composition, that there's a large clear blue space and such focus on the hearts in the corner. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew you would use the ink in such a creative way, Elizabeth.
    I LLLLLLLOVE this page!!!!!! And the background is gorgeous!
    And now I need a bicycle with a basket full of hearts!!! Ha ha! Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I love this! Of course - teal and red! But also I just love the clever way you stacked the hearts in the bicycle basket.

    you asked how I made the chain for my Goldfinch card - I drew it with a pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is adorable!!! Love the colors and simple style...very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each day I could say this is my favourite page for your AJJ theme so far. I love the feeling of space and how those hearts are being caught in the basket. Another great inspiration page.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! This looks fantastic - it may be simple but oh so effective!! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.