Pages

▼

Monday, November 25, 2019

Top banama


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I though I would join Rike at Rike's Art our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme which is Fruit and Veggies.


This is a short post, but one that contains a journal page that took forever to color.

"Why can't I be the TOP banana?"

This was created on a sheet of card stock that I ran through my laser printer.  Since I only have black toner I then colored the bananas using my light brown, light green, yellow, black, and white water soluble crayons.  When I finished coloring the bananas, I cut the card stock to 8 inch (20,32 centimeters) square.

I'm so happy you joined me today.  Your support keeps me going.



This is Day 25 of Art Every Day Month (AEDM), hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas, and I created a journal page for Art Journal Journey. 



22 comments:

  1. Wonderful page, nicely coloured, too. Have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I picked the right banana for Hubby yesterday night for taking to work today :-)
    I hope that one wanted to be the one :-)
    Sunday nights are always the worst for picking one because they´re all still quite "green".
    Thank you for the smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bunch and you are the top banana..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully coloured, Elisabeth - even down to the gooey soft ones! I love the simplicity of this. It needs no more.
    Have a great day!
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coloring might have taken a while but it looks super! And you have come up with the best ideas for fruits and veggies. I'm having a hard time with this one. Not for choices of fruits of veggies, but with the short days and chill, my thoughts for some reason don't go for fruits and veggies. I think of squash, apples and pumpkins. I guess I need to shake myself out of this November slump. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job of colouring those bananas Elizabeth! I love this page! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colouring is simply amazing Elizabeth! I am impressed. Happy new week.
    What a month at AJJ! You are the top banana of all challenge blog admis, for sure!!!
    Hugs,
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe being the top banana doesn't really have that much appeal. 😺 Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent coloring effect! I especially like the gray/silver look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your colored bananas are amazing! You did a great job with the water soluble crayons - this picture is TOP!
    Thank you for another fabulous entry to my theme, dear Elizabeth! Rike xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I want to be a top banana too:)
    How are you feeling today?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Elizabeth.
    Well of course you already are the top banana of so many challenges.
    I always look forward to your comment on my AJJ entry.
    You are certainly the top banana of colouring in of bananas - these bananas look so realistic.
    That's four bananas in this comment.
    Love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun! You always find the perfect words :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creative. Love how you colored the bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How great! Your bananas are excellent. I personally like the bananas to be on the green side.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your yellow -- very good coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elizabeth; it might have taken for ever but top banana IS the top banana...AWESOME JOB !!!!!

    with wavez ta bleu N squiggles ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fabulous bunch of bananas, the colouring looks so real. Even better than some you see in our shops over here, they can be so green and unripe.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. The colors of the bananas look perfect, down to the mushy, black bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super colouring. It is just right.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great page, Elizabeth. Your interpretation of the phrase is very clever and funny. Your coloring is excellent. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.