Pages

▼

Monday, November 4, 2019

Sometimes you have to step back


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I though I should put my organization skills to work.  This may look like a post for What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday (WOYWW), but it's really

a massive clean-up.  These are items from the basement I brought to the craft room that I intend to use to make art for Art Every Day Month, or AEDM.  If all goes well, by the end of November, I will have made several gifts to give to friends.  But first, I had to organize and find space for all these things I hope to use during this month.

Once that was done, you might be able to see I've already started my first gift, which is a deconstructed macaroni box I covered with a portion of a map of my home state.  It's now patiently waiting behind that bottle of glue for what will come next.  The tiny bits of leftovers, along with an old tag I found in the basement, will be used at some point this month.  Nothing goes to waste when I make art.

Speaking of no waste, I created

this tag for both Tag Tuesday, where Valerie has chosen Anything Goes, and Try it on Tuesday, where their theme this fortnight is Colors of Autumn.

The colors didn't look very autumnal

because I color compensated in PhotoShop.




When I stopped compensating, the colors were much closer to the actual tag colors.







I got a little carried away with the photos, but I couldn't bring myself to stop.

For this tag, I began with a strip of used file folder over which I added a strip of paper bag I got when I purchased something years ago.  I glued the top layer of a gifted decorative napkin over the bag.  I added a craft leaf and the brown cord, both of which I found during the clean-up.

Thanks for joining me while I organized the items I intend to make for AEDM and made a tag from some of the leftovers found on my table.  I also hope to see you at AEDM, Tag Tuesday, and Try it on Tuesday

This is Day 4 of AEDM and I
put my organization skills to work, made a tag for two challenges, and started my first Christmas gift.  I want to thank Leah, for hosting this event again, and am sad that I can't leave her comments on her gorgeous paintings on Instagram.

26 comments:

  1. A super tag Elizabeth! And you are pretty well organized as it seems.
    Happy new week and thank you for supporting Try it on Tuesday! Much appreciated!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag Elizabeth, thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated. Have a fun week! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag, Elisabeth. I haven't used tags for a while, but I really ought to because they are so much fun. Lovely tidy desk! Bet it doesn't stay that way, though...
    Happy Monday!
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back again, with my Try it on Tuesday hat on... thank you so much for joining our Autumn Colours challenge.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your workplace! Hehe, mine looks a bit like that now, too, as you "infected" me with art!
    Beautiful tag!

    In case you don´t re-read at comments: I have pics of my parents here, where they were fit and happy. No need to go and see the grave. If that helps...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how your tag worked out, and it fits the season perfectly. I see a Genius is still at work! (lol) With all the artwork you do, it always amazes me how neat you keep your desk. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Elizabeth. Beautiful Autumn tag :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous tag and I am glad you decided to join us at Try It On Tuesday. Thank you. And it is time to think about holiday cards and holiday gifts. I have to put my box of Halloween papers and stamps away and pull out the box of Christmas stamps and papers, etc. Holy cow. Hope you have a great Monday and see you soon for T. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm also organizing my workspace. Seems to be a never ending battle. I like the Fall colors tag and the checked background before you photoshopped. I like how the leaves show up on the blue and the check pattern reminds me of flannel shirts. Enjoy your organizing and making.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect tag for Autumn! Oh my, the cleaning of the work areas- an ongoing process for sure. All of the "stuff" just begs to be used and waits patiently.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice tag! I love the fall colours. As to how I would mail my sewn postcard - I think I’d put it into a clear envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tag Elizabeth-and looks like a fun month ahead for creating-enjoy! Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Elizabeth! Your work space a awesome! I was checking out the back of the room and you seem to have that artist chaos organization. I love it. Mine is the same, however, I know where everything is and no one better touch my room. LOL I really love this tag, the way the leaves blend into the (what I see as a fence) background. It depicts the wet fall leaves that stick to everything. Great use of color too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Impressive organisation to get yourself prepared for daily artwork this month. I love the tag - the napkin is great with those leaves hovering within the gingham, and I love the simple rustic twine to finish it off.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that tag. It reminds me of real life, where the gorgeous colors of Autumn happen against the background of everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this fall tag. And the ropey bow really sets it off.
    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely tag Elizabeth, the leaves look great on the gingham background.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the gingham autumn tag, Elizabeth. You are, without a doubt, the most organized person I've ever known! People say that about me, but you put me to shame. Eileen xx

    P.S. I've gotten many organizing and recycling tips from you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in awe of your tidy desk space, mine never gets to look like that these days.
    The tag looks gorgeous,I love the way you use materials in your pieces and the lovely autumn leaf colours. I am so pleased you have linked with us at Try it on Tuesdays as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do like your tag, Elizabeth. It looks like there is a layer on top of tissue paper muting everything some underneath. Makes me wanna touch it.

    Please feel free to add my blog to your sidebar. I would be honored!

    That last mural was something else! Take care, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. You seem very well organized.
    I love your tag, so nice to see Autumn colours and leaves :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think this is beautiful. And it is perfect fall. Loads of texture and I can see why you were having fun with the photos. I would be, too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A wonderful Tag, Elisabeth

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  24. giggling, well, I don´t have a studio or craftsroom so my kitchen and bedroom looks like this. :)

    The leafs looks great on that cloth. :) Great idea by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. A lovely Autumnal tag Elizabeth, loving the leaf colour shades - original and photoshopped.
    Your desk looks very organised, but will it stay like that?
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.