Pages

▼

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Monday Murals: Music and Magic


I'm joining Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals. I've decided to post at my regular time, so please be aware that Sami's mural linky won't go live until 11:00 a.m. my time.

I found this mosaic mural

on the front of the Abode at Douglas and Matthewson on the north side of the street in Wichita, Kansas (USA).

It faces Douglas and is called Music and Magic.  It is NOT a mural associated with Avenue Art Days.

There are about a gazillion mosaic tiles in this mural.

I got a little carried away taking close-ups of the various bits in the mural.





It's incredibly colorful, but because the day was so overcast, the tiles seem to be washed out compared to how I remember them in person.

I have to "assume" the artists who created this

were S. Mirillo and Sweeton.


Just as I finished taking photos of the mural, I happened to look up

and saw this incredible tiled roof that sits directly above the Abode.

If you enjoy murals from all corners of the globe, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.

This is Day 3 of Art Every Day Month or AEDM
 and I photographed a mural in my hometown.


26 comments:

  1. Fantastic music mural, and a wonderful tiled roof. Have a fun day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing mural and this roof is stunning!
    Happy Sunday!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great mural - never see things like that here (or not anywhere I've come across) and the tiles are fabulous.

    thanks for catching up with Kew, sorry there were so many to delay you on your catch up!!! have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful mural, Elisabeth. Thank you for sharing that with us...it's hard to imagine working on such a large scale.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must have taken the artists a long time to create, its a fabulous mural. so much to admire, I'm not surprised that you took many photos, I would have done so as well. I have to mention that I love those roof tiles. I wonder if many buildings are tiled this way, it sure makes them stand out from the plainer roof tops.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool. Remind me of trying to look for the objects in Highlights magazine when I was a kid. The tile roof is beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mural feels a bit Spanish and a bit Picasso. It is really beautiful. And I think even more so when you get close up and see the individual mosaic pieces. The tile roof is pretty nice too. We never see tile roofs around here. Thanks for sharing, and happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this mural. Street mural art can be so NOT right for the area. We had a painter come in from out of town to paint a mural on a building as you come into town. It doesn't represent our town, which was one of the criteria, and it is just plane ugly. My town has been in an uproar over it. Anyway this is excellent and so is the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the close-up photos of the mural's details. That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a fabulous roof, and the mural is amazing Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's something about mosaics, isn't there? A great sense of energy and life about them with all those angles and shapes present within the larger images and shapes. I was really taken with the mural and then the roof tiles appeared... completely fabulous in stunning colours - I love them!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does Wichita has a particular music connection? This mural is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really found a wonderful one this week! I love the colors.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...I love this, it has a Picasso feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. There will always be a Picasso. And a Gaudi.
    I love that roof!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The heart sure is my favorite - and those tiles! Oh, I wish people would get that creative here, too, can´t be that difficult (and yes. I get the irony saying that, having studied that stuff ages ago).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Such a lovely mural. Can you imagine how long this took?! And those tiles up above are so beautiful and colorful! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, great find Elizabeth. So much work must have gone into this mosaic mural, so much to see, so much colour. Love it!!
    Thanks for participating.
    And I love the very interesting roof shape and pretty roof tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great mural with a touch of modernism in the style. The more difficult because it is a mosaic. Love the work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Highly creative and very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so well done! I admire artists who have vision and the skills to interpret the vision in tiny tile mosaic. And on such a grand scale.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We love closeups!! And what an incredible roof.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is a beautiful mural. Thank you for showing all of the detail in your closeups!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The mural looks marvellous and that tiled roof is quite incredible.
    Don't they go well!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Elizabeth, this is a fabulous mural -- it might be one of my all time favorites! Look at the detail in the mosaics? And I love the subject matter. I can see why you took all the close ups. I would too!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.