Pages

▼

Friday, November 8, 2019

Heart Healthy Veggies


I'm once again joining Rike at Rike's Art our host this month at Art Journal Journey.   Rike's theme is Fruit and Veggies.   Today I went back to my roots and used images I have in my stash and sewed them in place.  I haven't sewn in awhile and I really missed it.  I like to sew something paper oriented and wonky every day.  BTW, I couldn't sew a straight line, even if my life depended on it.

As you can see, we're enjoying

"Heart Healthy Fruit

And

Veggies."

I tried to use my zig-zag stitch,

but my sewing machine didn't like it rebelled because there were too many heavy layers of card stock and postcard weight paper.

Instead, I reverted to my straight stitch wonky style sewing.





For this journal entry, I started with a piece of 110 lb card stock to which I glued a magazine image which became my background.  Next, I cut an extra heavy weight (heavier than the card stock) calendar cover that had the various fruit and veggies then sewed them in place using variegated thread. 

I'm simply thrilled you chose to visit today.  I also hope to see you at AEDM and Art Journal Journey. 

This is Day 8 of Art Every Day Month (AEDM), hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas
and I created a journal page for Art Journal Journey.


23 comments:

  1. Lovely page, and you and your machine got lots of heart healthy exercise sewing it! Have a fun day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... OK, I was about asking if you could do the sewing on my trousers, but I guess I forget about that ;-)
    Aren´t in art straight lines boring anyways?
    Wow, I love this work! If I had space, this would be perfect for the kitchen! Especially in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fruit and veggies...what a celebration of them! Not too sure about that dish, though...whatever is on it looks more than a tad undercooked to me, but I'm told I'm a Philistine when it comes to preparing meat - it has to be well and truly cooked.
    I'll focus on the good stuff, lol.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter the stitching wonky or not it all looks fabulous to me Elizabeth. Love your Heart healthy creation, it's an important food message in our house everyday. Wishing you a super weekend Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, you're not alone, even with a ruler, I have a rough time drawing straight lines.(lol) I know I need to eat lots more veggies, but the best I can do is to eat a ton of fruit, and some of my faves are highly represented here and I love it and the work you've done. Keep those reminders coming on eating heart healthy. I definitely need them.(lol) Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are making me hungry this morning. Smile. And also dreaming of summer and when these veggie were harden fresh. Very nice page. Happy Friday. Enjoy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. An amazing collection of healthy fruits and veggies! Your collage with this pictures is colorful and I enjoy to see you sewing again! I can understand that you missed it - we have favorurite things we like to do again and again! It does not matter that you couldn't sew a straight line, this makes the page individual! I like the result!
    Thank you for another great entry for my theme! (I have forgotten to say this in your last entry, so I do now twice, thank you :))
    Wish you a happy weekend! Rike xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely colorful page. Another blog post that I've seen this morning trying to hold on to Summer. I 💙 it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love your fruit and veggie pages this month Elizabeth! This is another lovely page.wktn all the bright colours and your stitching adds another dimension to your collage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No matter that you said your stitching was wonky, it looks good to me. I always love to see how you sew the details onto your pages. Its a fantastic page and collection of fresh healthy foods.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic page Elizabeth! I love all the stitching!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The heart of a vegan girl smiles today Elizabeth! A wonderful entry for the current topic. I love your arty sewing style! Awesome! Your sewing machine is a special artistic character and you both create unique art together!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elizabeth, I really like this. It could be a poster for healthy eating and living. The stitching is perfect, a little wonky has character. Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like fruit and veggies, they are great pictures!
    happy weekend Elke

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is actually an inspiring page for me, as I try to decrease carbs while still getting enough of the healthy carbs in fruits and veggies. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. my favorite is peas straight from the field :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful page packed full of yummy fruit and veggies! I'm now craving watermelon salad - delicious 😀. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who needs straight lines?! I love the stitching detail bringing all those luscious vegetables together - talk about eating the rainbow! Wonderful page.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the wonky. It looks less predictable and more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This would be perfect for a kitchen wall :) Nice one Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this colourful page and I'm sure you know that I love it especially because of your sewing! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely page, Elizabeth. The blurred affect of the magazine image makes a perfect backdrop for the fruit in the foreground. The stitching adds a lot to the page. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummy, I would like to eat all your froots and vegies. Sewing on paper is very slippery and not easy. I like the sewing on your page.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.