Pages

▼

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Monday Murals: Lotus Blossoms


I'm joining Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals. I've decided to post at my regular time, so please be aware that Sami's mural linky won't go live until 11:00 a.m. my time.

EDIT: I want to thank my neighbor, who many of you know as my foodie friend Sally for letting me edit the last post.

I also want to thank my friend Scott for bringing a router, which he said would possibly cure my problems.  I'm not sure how it was supposed to help when ATT kept telling me it was my modem, but I gave it a try and here I am!  I'll be by to catch up with all my dear friends and followers over time later today.

These are murals I found while at Botanica, our Botanical Gardens.

This one is quite long and takes up an entire wall.




Although the other mural depicts the lotus flower in art, this part was all about the writing.


There is a lot going on in these murals, and I hope you got a sense of how large and extensive they were.

These murals were found at the Botanical Gardens in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  If you enjoy murals, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.


26 comments:

  1. Beautiful murals! Have a fun day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really nice theme for Autumn, it cheers me up, thank you!!
    I kinda blossom from it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they are large and very beautiful, indeed!
    Happy Sunday Elizabeth!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! Hope you're doing well! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous mural. I particulary like the Asian feel and the botanical theme. Botanical gardens sometimes surprise with painted art, don't they? Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are simple but very beautiful Elizabeth. And huge too!
    Thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning mural, gorgeous colours. I don't think I would ever tire of looking at it.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice murals! I'm thankful that you shared. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...the lotus is an important Asian symbol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful mural! The colours are so delicate and elegant - amazing 😁. I hope you're computer problems are solved soon and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! :) I tried to add a photo to a post today and found doing that without access to my photos stored on my old computer was extremely time-consuming. I'm grateful I've got so many scheduled posts lol

    That mural is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful!
    Glad you are back online!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They called me Lotus Blossom in Middle School.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty.
    I like the pink-grey combo. It’s lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the muted colours and botanical theme.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The flowers are very nice painted in the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning lotus mural - so delicate and yet so huge! Hope you've managed to sort out your modem/router shenanigans, and have a great week.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. These murals are absolutely wonderful Elizabeth !! Love the colours and the writing. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope your internet will works better now.
    I wish you a very nice day, and send biiig hugs from the sunland,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best wishes and finger crossed for the internet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. these murals are beautiful !!! thanx much for sharing :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. The murals look beautiful and so restful, I would have been happy to sit a while and look at them.
    Hope your internet problems are fixed, I can relate to how you must feel and my problems only lasted while we were away.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so truly beautiful. How wonderful it is in the botanical gardens. I love the colors and that style of art. Wonderful find, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! this is a gorgeous piece of art work, love it. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are beautiful murals :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.