Pages

▼

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Eye Spy


Today I'm joining Gill of Gibby Frogett Craftations this month's host at Art Journal Journey where her theme is Anything With Eyes.

I had not originally intended for this to be a political statement, but somehow it has turned out that way.

When I saw all the data oozing out of the eye, Eye Spy is all I could think of.

For those of you who are international readers, you may or may not be aware it is a proven fact (by more than one source, including the Mueller Report) that Russians interfered with our elections in 2016. They used various methods, including trolling and cyber attacks.

All those 1s and 0s reminded me of data that was collected and manipulated to change the outcome of our election process.

And of course, along with data manipulation comes spies.   I could care less about your political affiliation and I never intended a political statement.  I just hope you enjoy this piece of journal art.

For this page, I began with the focal image I found in one of my statistics journals.  It had nothing to do with spying or data manipulation.  That decision and choice was mine.  I computer generated, printed, and colored the words using two water soluble crayons.  I then sewed the words and focal image to the black construction paper using variegated thread.

Thank you beyond belief for visiting today.  I also hope you will join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey, too.

20 comments:

  1. Fun journal page. And there is so much data espionage going on these days, it is a HUGE problem. Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautifully made. Love this and your thoughts to it. A special and wonderful entry for AJJ again dear friend.
    Happy day!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image, with or without the interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this page.Amazing how fast data can change in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool page! That is a great image and with the stitching and the blue on the black background really pops. It's hard to believe we're at the end of the month already. This has been a great challenge though. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a very awesome page-love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very striking page Elizabeth - its a scary world that we live in ...but I love the graphics/image and of course as always I love your clever stitch work.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a fantastic art page and I love how you created it.
    What we see when looking at it I'm sure will be different to what others may see. This is art, not politics or anything else that is controversial.
    By the way this was newsworthy in the UK and reported on frequently in our press.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow I love what you have done here Elizabeth, very clever image. Sounds awfully complicated to a technophobe like me though. The world is in a bit of a mess right now, let's hope things sort themselves out before something drastic happens

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what an amazing page! I love the image that you used and the stitching and blue colour palette is very striking 😁. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. we like ta spiez on de nayborz noe matter if itz votin seezon ore knot !! ;) ♥♥

    awesome piece Elizabeth; rather star trek like !!! :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This seems to be a wonderful category challenge for you. This one is as enigmatic as your other and really striking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow awesome make, love this one with those eyes, great picture too.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is political at some level. That's a striking image :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Powerful picture. Although it is artistic it is also very powerful to my way of thinking.
    Hugs, neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I love this! As you know by now, I'm a big fan of blue, and the sense of movement in this image is amazing. Love the stitching again (sewing machines and I do not get on well, but I am going to try to get to grips with it once I'm reunited with my machine which is already over in the Czech Republic waiting for me!), and great choice of words.

    Oh, and yes, definitely rubber stamps. I don't get on with clear ones (which is sad because there are some amazing designs around). But there's no way I'd have room for all my rubber stamps if they were all mounted on wood... I have too many!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous page - even better for your stitching of course! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.