Pages

▼

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Saint-Tropez



Today we are visiting Saint-Tropez, which is located on the French Riviera in France.  I'm also joining Chris at Pear Shaped Crafting, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme We're all/going.

The focal image is of

Eglise Notre Dame Assomption de Saint-Tropez.  This Italian baroque-style church is topped by a bell tower.  It was built in 1784 and is one of the most recognizable sights in Saint-Tropez, with its bright earth toned bell tower.

We are definitely visiting Saint-Tropez, known for attracting the rich and famous.

Cruise ships are not allowed to dock people at the wharves, but must bring them ashore by small boats.

You can definitely see the bell tower and clock from anywhere in the city.

You can't really see the bells from this angle.  They are in "windows" 90 degrees in either direction from the oval "windows" in the darker section.  Had the photo been taken from a side 90 degrees to this photo, they would be obvious.


Saint-Tropez is famous for its port and its nude beaches.

For this page, I began with a sheet of black construction paper.  I used my deckle scissors to cut everything, including the card stock I colored red.  I computer generated the words and outlined the focal images using a chalk marker.  I didn't allow the chalk marker to completely dry when I flipped the larger image over to apply glue stick.  I only noticed after I turned the image over to position it in place.

Thank you for visiting me today, and I hope you will join me at Art Journal Journey. 

17 comments:

  1. San Tropez is a pretty place indeed. Great idea for a journal page. Have a fun day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Elizabeth! GORGEOUS! Thank you for another fabulous entry for our July collection at AJJ! Happy day with the kids dear Co. Admin!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful place and lovely journal.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful scenery in your beautiful page.
    Saint-Tropez came me familiar through Brigitte Bardot ;) I was a fan and saw many photos from her and the beach.
    Thanks for summery memories :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo! We are going someplace with the reputation of being where the beautiful folks go. I don't know if that is true or not, and of course we are all beautiful, so it should be a fantastic trip. I always enjoy seeing where we get to armchair travel with you. And a great page too. Happy Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful place to visit. Nicely done Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pages! Such beautiful colours! I’m glad we didn’t have to see the nude beaches - hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! I love this.
    Have a great one:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wouldn't it be nice to look out the window and see all the boats and the sea !! nice job on this piece Elizabeth; hope your time with the kids was fun ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this journal page-to answer your comment-yes we are both on medicare and we have a very good supplement that pays everything usually. the doctor said this was a government thing to limit these operations so it must be medicare doing it-he was very sad as some of his patients died before getting this procedure-pretty bad for this to happen in our own country

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page Elizabeth! I once visited Saint-Tropez as a teen with my family. Too many people for my liking, but interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. THis collage is lovely. It has all the warmth of a sunny, lovely spot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful page that fits my theme perfectly once again! I wonder if the inside of that church is as lovely as some we saw this time on our trip! I don't think I could afford to stay in St Tropez though so I shall just enjoy your image of what looks to ba a beautiful place! Thank you so much for your support, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to visit St Tropez, but alas I can't see that happening.
    I did enjoy your colourful page - it's gorgeous.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a nice post and I learned some things about this place. I knew it was for the rich and famous but I didn’t know the big cruise ships couldn’t dock right there which is a good thing. Those ships are too high. I love the back with the red pieces you mad and the photo of the St. Tropez

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.