Pages

▼

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

ICADs the final two, the wrap up, and a final journal page for July



Day 60
Because the mosaic only holds 30 entries, here are all but the final index card.

July, 2019

Day 61
Extra for Squiggles
Thanks for stopping by to see these final ICADs and the mosaic.  Even though I don't play along with Tammy's prompts, I want to thank her for organizing and hosting this event every summer.  Thanks, too, for sticking with me through this annual summer project.  Your visits have kept me going.  To see all my 2019 ICADs, please visit my Previous Collaborations page.

And because it's the final day of the month, I simply had to join Chris at Pear Shaped Crafting, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme We're all/going.  And because Try it on Tuesday's fortnightly theme is Splatters and Splodges, I'm joining their challenge, too.  I really love TioT's theme this fortnight and can't seem to quit making backgrounds and art that uses splatters.

It appears the most impressive

thing to photograph in Cartagena, Columbia


is La Torre del Reloj

also known as the Palace of the Inquisition



which includes the Clock Tower.

"The Clock Tower was built in 1601.  It was originally known as La Boca del Puente or Mouth of the Bridge, the main entrance to the old city.  At one time it contained a chapel and a weapons room.  The tower was rebuilt in the 1800s to contain a pendulum clock, which was later replaced in the 1900s with the Swiss clock that is in operation today."
 
Note the splatters on both background papers.

What was originally to be a quick page, turned into a very lengthy entry.  I began by adding the splatters to the pages using my handmade shimmering mists and white paint, then allowed them to dry.  In the meantime, I printed the computer generated words using my laser printer.  I had images from three different travel brochures that were of La Torre del Reloj.  Of course, the travel brochures only mentioned Cartegena, Columbia, but didn't identify the building. Therefore an internet search was required to learn the information I found on several different web sites.  All of the images and words were sewn to the red paper, then to the pink page, which in turn was sewn to the black construction paper using variegated thread.

Thank you for joining me today.  There's still a few hours to join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey, as well as Try it on Tuesday for a few more days.  And finally, thanks once more for checking out my ICADs this year.

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ICADs, you were very busy this past month. Lovely page with Cartagena. Have a great day, hope you are better, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ICADs and an amazing page, so utterly beatiful made. You are a fantastic Mixed Media Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply amazing, Elizabeth!
    Please take care of yourself, my friend.
    Just to let you know that I received my ATC (and a lot of goodies too!!!) from Erika! I already made a post on my blog. Hugs, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing amount of fabulous artworks Elizabeth - you have been very busy.
    My favourite has to be the beautiful piece with the awesome stitching - love it!!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy, busy, and beautiful work. Bring on August! Hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much cool art today! I can't believe it is the end of July. I forgot your IACD challenge went through today only. And thanks for joining us again at Try It On Tuesday. I didn't realize Cartagena was so beautiful. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice ICAD's Elizabeth, you're always so inventive.
    Happy birthday to Squiggles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ICADs - I especially love Tin, man. :) And beautiful pages - the bright blue sky against the orangey red plus your stitching - magical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see all of your ICADs together Elizabeth, if only it had started after my holiday! There's always next year :-)
    I love your final travel pages too, more places I would love to visit.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. squiggles, did we mizz yur birth day dood.....pleez ta beg R most humble if we did; we hope yur day total lee rocked N ya had fun, got a perch pizza pie...& heerz ta a yeer a head filled with happeez N healtheez !! ♥♥♥☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been busy and you are so creative! Love the collage of what you did each day plus the fur babes. The pages of the travel with the spicy background is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such lovely art you created here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Icads and I love the one made for Squiggles.
    The journal page is lovely . Cartagena looks a wonderful place to visit. I am so pleased you have joined us again over at TioT's Your splatters and splodged backgrounds are, the spray mists you made are super colour shades.
    Hope you are feeling a bit better today.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely to see your ICADs together - and the one for Squiggles - 3 years...really? Doesn't time fly! I adore this page about Columbia as the winner of the Tour de France is Columbian so it is nice to see his country!
    Love the background, which is of course perfect for our theme at TIOT- Thank you for this entry and of course for all your encouraging comments and your fabulous entries for AJJ over the month! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I am so glad you did a mosaic of all your index cards. Amazing. And how sweet to do a special one for Squiggles. :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy BDay,Squiggles. Frank is three also.
    Tin Man. Ha:)
    Love the mosaic and the beautiful travel piece.
    Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Tin Man ICAD is so clever! Well done. I’d join you on your armchair trip, but I’m still on the island until Friday. Stay cool and take are.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow these are like wow....fabulous.. you take care now and get well.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. The mosaic is such a great way to showcase your ICADs! Well done on completing the challenge Elizabeth!! Love the card for Squiggles:)
    Your Columbia journal page is just amazing!! The images are just glorious and I love all the stitching. Thanks also for sharing the history too- always interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woowwww Your index cards are all Amazing dear Elizabeth !! I loove them, they have great designs and gorgeous colours and themes. Spectacular !! You always amaze me with your great creativity!!.
    Love la Torre del Reloj page, it´s fantastic !! you know there also a town called Cartagena, here in Spain, in the South East, at around two hundred kilometers from Almería.
    I hope you ´re fine, and send you big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow,fantastic ICADs

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww, Squiggles is 3?! Hardly seems possible. Time does fly....

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so prolific! All your pages and cards are terrific and diverse. I really admire that!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.