By now it's no surprise I'm joining Halle at Halle's Hobbies, who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Words to live by.
This page will go in my 8 inch X 8 inch (20,32 X 20,32 cm) altered book.
The quote was one of anticipation. It is by Jonathone Lockwood Huie:Life is an adventure. I can only wonder what treasure awaits at the top of the path.
Of course there was sewing
and bits of lace, too.
There was also a path that could be followed.
For this page, I began with an 8 inch square (20,32 sq. cm) to which I sewed an image found in a magazine, along with the sentiment and lace using variegated thread. When I realized the image didn't fit on the page, I had to make it work by extending the image above the black substrate.Thanks beyond belief for visiting Bleubeard and me today. There's still time to join us at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Words to live by, too.
Lovely, colourful page. Have a great day, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThis is one of those pieces that takes you out of the humdrum of life, what a mountain that would be to climb whilst having a moment to day dream. I'm sure there would be many treasures to explore. Inspiring piece today, i'm really hoping to be able to sneak in and join everyone over at AJJ before the month comes to an end.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a super day Elizabeth, Hugs Tracey xx
Gorgeous mountain and like Tracey said, one that would be fabulous to climb...which is what we love to do at any age. Lovely post and amazing features.
ReplyDeleteGreat page Elizabeth! I love the mountains (of course!), and the lace, and that wonderful quote!
ReplyDeleteAlison xx
Wonderful colors and textures. The lace reminds me of fields of wildflowers like Queen Anne's lace. It also looks like you got your electricity back?
ReplyDeleteGreat idea adding lace. It balances the clouds, both lacy! Thanks for showing up on my blog. Air dry clay is so easy, try it!
ReplyDeleteI love how you are always thinking. The lace works!
ReplyDeleteI love that the image didn't fit and you made it work. It looks very intentional. The white lace makes me think of choppy water with breakers crashing into shore.
ReplyDeleteThat quote is fantastic, and the artwork is so lovely! Hugs, RO
ReplyDeleteIt all works together so well. The lace adds such a nice texture.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely!
ReplyDeleteWhen my back is better than it is and I can get m sewing machine out I will have a go at stitching on a page. I so admire what you do when you stitch on your pages. Love the words you have chosen today and the picture - everything!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Neet xx
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love this. It's so pretty and colorful and the sentiment is purrfect.
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful, Elizabeth. I llllove the lace and the great embellishment. Kisses!!!
ReplyDeleteIts a beautiful page Elizabeth. I love how you chose lace to represent the pathway. It had me thinking of a softer route to travel, where perhaps in an ideal world there could be a happy ending.
ReplyDeleteYvonne XX
❤️
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, Elizabeth! :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a super pretty page with just the perfect sentimemt Elizabeth! Gorgeous my talented co-admin! You never cease to amaze with your wonderful ideas and pages!
ReplyDeleteBig hugs from now super busy summer fun Susi
Lovely page, Elizabeth. The blue trim looks like a lake to me and the white like a field of soft white flowers. Eileen xx
ReplyDeleteThis is a Gorgeous Art page Elizabeth !! I love the so beautiful design, the lace, the image and the lovely quote, That I agree with totally. We never know...
ReplyDeleteI wish you a very nice afternoon, and send big hugs,
Caty
Hi Elizabeth,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your sweet comment about my latest entry for AJJ this month.
I'm having fun with the art kit. I bet a dollar you DO have graphite pencils. They're the regular pencils kids buy for school, which I think are H - meaning hard. The difference with art ones is they come in a range of hard and soft. The softer the pencil, the darker black it writes and the soft ones will smear if you use water over them.
Chris found the Art Kit in Costco. It was a real good buy. You've mentioned your annual craft supply budget. This great kit cost about half of your annual budget. 😉 Eileen xx