Pages

▼

Thursday, June 20, 2019

A Perfect Day


This is another scheduled post, but I will be back later today to link to Art Journal Journey and visit all my loyal followers, friends, and readers.  I'm once again joining Halle at Halle's Hobbies, who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Words to live by.

There's nobody who loved words and education more than Maya Angelou.  Although long before my time at Wichita State University, Maya Angelou was a distinguished professor there in 1973 and 1974.  There's even a library named for her in Wichita, which she dedicated in 1996.


Can't you just feel the love?

The quote by Maya Angelou:
This is a wonderful day.  I have never seen this one before.


I began this 110 lb card stock substrate by spritzing two of my handmade shimmering mists on the background and the corrugated cardboard.  I sewed the recycled cardboard, the focal image, and the quote together on the now dry page using variegated thread.  Finally, I added the two hearts as embellishments.

Thanks for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  Feel free to join us at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Words to live by.

14 comments:

  1. Maya Angelou was really a wonderful woman. Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great page. A beautiful day is NOT what I am having with lots of rain. But that's ok. It saves me from watering. Love the scenery image you used and your layout. But what I didn't know is that Maya Angelou taught in Wichita. That is a fun fact. She was an amazing woman for sure. Happy Thursday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful page. I love how the recycled cardboard looks like a curtain valance and you see this beautiful day when you look out the window. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect page for a perfect day! Hugs, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely sentiment and I agree with other commentors that the corrugated cardboard is a lovely touch- indeed it resembles a window valence framing the beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This picture truly shares a beautiful day with us. It is a scene I could easily enjoy framed on a wall, it is a beautiful page.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the elements you chose to use, combining them to make this piece. I wish I could add sewing to my little cards, and I do keep trying :) That's a truly inspirational quote. Each day that dawns is a new day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a really cute piece Elizabeth; with the curtain in the corner it's as if one's looking out their own window !!

    wonderful quote by Miss Angelou ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your page is so full of everything nice, Elizabeth. Maya's words, sunshine, nature and love. What more could anyone want? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. THis is amazing E.!
    I set a new post at AJJ for you with the wanted infos ( so please check them out there as admin - so sorry that I can't email you, I will try to find out what is the reason for it here techincal.
    Big hugs,
    I love your wonderful page!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is a favorite of mine, too, and this page is one that she would admire (and probably write a poem about!) Can you imagine having her as a prof?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this one too! The subdued color palette and quote are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great page, Elizabeth. The quote made me smile ... a lot.

    I've been visiting a bunch of your AJJ entries for June in a row and I noticed that you've been doing a series of similar layout pages. How brilliant! That must be a great time saver. At east I think it would be for me. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.