Pages

▼

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Pack your bags


I want to begin by wishing my dear friend Annette (Voodoo Vixen) a very happy birthday.  Next, I want to apologize for being offline.  Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have scheduled a few posts, but will not be around to link them.  Please forgive me, because I don't like to be  gone, and like it even less when I can't visit and leave comments.  Now back to the scheduled post.  

Once again I'm joining Erika at Bio Art Gal this month's host at Art Journal Journey with her theme New Year, New Adventures.    I'm also joining Moo Mania & More with their theme Welcome Somebody / Something / The New Year.

Whether we choose to admit it or not, we all have baggage.  Words we wish we hadn't spoken, actions we wished we had never taken, relationships/friendships that ended in disaster.

But this is a great time to get rid of that baggage.  It's a new year, a new beginning,

so let's pack our bags, hopefully neatly,

then head for a new adventure to parts unknown.

For this page, I began scraping paint onto my Challenges altered book using a faux credit card.  I intentionally left a few parts unpainted, then grabbed one of my new stencils and added the circles that have ridges around them.  Next, I added several large circles using a metallic and a white Gelly Roll pen.  The computer generated text, "Leave your baggage, but pack your bags, then head for parts unknown" was colored using watercolor (water soluble) crayons.  I used both watercolor crayons and metallic pens to color the bag and its contents.

Thanks for joining me today at Art Journal Journey.  And thanks for your visit and continued support of my art.  I am very grateful to each of you. 

22 comments:

  1. Wonderful page. Have a great day, whatever you are up to. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea for this page is fantastic and I really love how you created it Elizabeth!

    Thanks a lot for joining not just AJJ but also Moo Mania & More with this brilliant entry my friend!

    Hope you enjoy being out-♥
    ♥♥♥
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to pack my bags and go someplace really warm! Great idea and I hope whatever you're doing, you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a fabulous idea for the page. I like the thought of packing a bag and getting away.
    Hope you are well and somewhere where you enjoy being.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Elizabeth, I really love your page-the meaning especially but I love the art work in this very much-one of my favorites of yours. and to reply to your comment-we would have a blast!! and I'll do the cooking,-grin
    Enjoy your day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool page. First of all I love the background. Scrapping that blue paint was brilliant. And ncie suitcase. :) I wish mine looked so neat, but I am not sure neat is a word that works with me. Even if I wanted it too. Hope you are doing something fun or enjoyable and I will have to be patient until you return. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw your question. X Files is on Fox Wednesday nights at 8.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love a layered look in journal pages and this is lovely with the bold blue over top the orange. My fave colour combo! I love the sentiment too. It's wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fab and arty page Elizabeth! I love it!!!
    Alison xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. No leaving here today with sideways snow in the one foot range today. But I will be adventuring out the door to plow, shovel and play with snow covered pups. That is an adventure. Enjoy yours. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. This page is awesome. And perfect for the beginning of the New Year. Love the blue background.
    Have a day filled with sparkle.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love "leave your baggage" and will try to look forward not back as I head into the unknown of this new year. I like the look of your background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love anything with a suitcase in it!!!!!! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. bleu N squiggles !!! happee new yeer two ewe guyz; heerz ta happee nezz healtheez N grazz oh plentee and de same for Elizabeth two !! ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastique page Elizabeth !! Love love it !! The colours are fabulous and the quote so cute ! Wonderful!!
    I like very much every Art you create!!
    I wish you a very nice evening, hugs and kssssss
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely page--ready for adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful page Elizabeth. Great concept.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful page, Elisabeth

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is great! Thanks you for explaining how you did it. I am so glad I have subscribed by email to your blog! I will learn how to do a altered journal. I love mixed media and have most of the tools, just not the knowledge how to use it all! Hope everything is ok with you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A brilliant page! Love how you made the background, perfect for those images and words! Hope all is well now! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the page but LOVE the statement .... good use of imagery and words

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous page and the statement is VERY true! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.