Pages

▼

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Cheers


It's time to once again join Erika at Bio Art Gal this month's host at Art Journal Journey with her theme New Year, New Adventures.


I'm raising my glass today to cheer this new year and new adventure.


Cheers to a new year and another chance to get it right.

I just hope I learn to pack my bag better this year.


For this spread, I began by laying down blue and yellow craft acrylic paint.  The more the two colors spread on the page, the more green I got.   I added some orange and white water soluble crayons to the page, and added yellow and orange water soluble crayons to the computer generated text.  The bag was also colored using water soluble crayons to which I added a couple of stickers.

Thanks for joining Erika, Susi, and me today at Art Journal Journey.  And thanks for your visit and continued support of my art.  I am very grateful for your visit.  

17 comments:

  1. Fantastic page, hope you will have plenty of good adventures this year and find the right road to travel along. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background itself is a piece of art and this bag looks so cool - and the idea for the page is just super! I wish you a wonderful year filled with just amazing adventures Ms.Elizabeth and say ♥Thank you♥ for being such a wonderful friend and Co-Admin!
    Happy Thursday - time really flies this week again! Boah!
    Everthing o.k. at the different doctors until now - thank you for asking!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant page Elizabeth not just for the fabulous background with your bag all packed but for what this page represents so well! I do hope that the adventures you have ( with what looks like a rather full bag) are all you hope they will be! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this sentiment. I find it interesting how different people come up with different ways to represent a theme. And a new year is definitely a way to start a new, isn't it? I am still waiting for the new year to start-finally slowly coming out of my winter hibernation mode with a little adventure. When I retire in a couple of years I wonder if it will be any different. :) I love the page. I love the suitcase and wish I was going someplace right now other than work. I always enjoy your pages. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun page Elizabeth, and it makes me want to pack my bags and go somewhere exciting! However, no big trips for me in the near future (that I know of!). I’m glad my card finally arrived - it seems like the mail is taking longer to get from A to B these days, especially between our two countries. I wonder if it’s getting stuck at the border, or just staff cutbacks on either or both sides. I bought those cards in the UK and the dots were already on them, so they were really quick to embellish. Hope you have a wonderful and creative day and that things are warming up in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great page and I laughed at the suitcase-that's me always taking too much along lol enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great sentiment to start the year off right! Enjoy your new year adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh!!! I love the concept of the bag and beginning new adventures and I scrolled down to see your stamp post and I immediately thought of Pamela Gerard, well done!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. New adventures are right! I love the strong blues and the green used because it shows earth and water-stable yet mutable...great page

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really works but I particularly love the bag -- the texture/shape/colors. And the background is really nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Packing a bag is a fine art, isn't it! Off to new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. bleu N squiggles; if Elizabeth's takin a trip; ....well....PARTEE AT BLEU & SQUIGGLES HOUZ !!!! if ewe haza grill, we will bring fresh catch !! ☺☺☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bag looks well packed and good to go, its a fabulous page, the background looks great with the book page and paints. I think it looks like you had an adventure when you created this page.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, yes! I hope this clean slate before us is better than last year. ;)
    Nice page!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful page and quote. Each day is a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought your page looks great.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. My turn to catch up! Wonderful arty pages, and that museum must have been so inspiring Elizabeth.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.