Pages

▼

Sunday, January 7, 2018

A January Birth


Today I am once again joining Erika at Bio Art Gal this month's host at Art Journal Journey with her theme New Year, New Adventures.

I call this one A January Birth.

Everyone should be born again on

the first day of January.

Start with a fresh page.

I began this spread in my Challenges altered book by laying down blue, yellow, and gray acrylic craft paint.   I added pages from two January calendars, then the computer generated words I colored using water soluble crayons.  Finally, I added some of those plastic snowflakes of which I have so many. 

Thanks for joining me today at Art Journal Journey.  And thanks for your visit and continued support of my art.  I may not say it often enough, but I am very grateful to each of you.

20 comments:

  1. Lovely page Elizabeth, January does give us the opportunity to a new start.
    Hope ou are keeping well! Thanks for your kind words. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant art page Elizabeth so much to see - enjoy your "new Start" hope it leads to a wonderful year. Thanks for visiting my blog xx Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not only a powerful and positive page it is made very clever as well!
    I think you get even better at composition - gorgeous! I am really inspired by this Elizabeth!
    You ROCK AJJ this month - THANK YOU - I am a bit lazy this month - I have to find my goals first I guess-lol! I hope the pipes got fixed already! I have crossed my fingers the whole time !
    ♥♥♥
    Happy Sunday!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Elizabeth. The snowflakes are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of rebirth even better than January being a fresh start. This is a wonderful page. I love all the word bits in yellow. They really pop on the cold January background. Thanks for joining in with all your great adventure ideas! You've had some really clever ones. Have a great rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful page Elizabeth - the background turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspiring! To "start with a fresh page" is perfect, and I will try to keep this in mind. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely page, the words are so good.
    I do hope the first week of the New Year has gone well for you.

    Sending my good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Journal page is really fantastique Elizabeth !! I love the way you have added the quote, the colours, the calendar.... and, of course these fabulous snowflakes!!! Great !!
    Have a very nice evening, big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun journal page-loving it and I do love the blues

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blue of the page and the idea of a fresh start. But I've seen enough snowflakes (especially this week) to last me a lifetime. =^,.^=

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the idea that January is a new beginning. Its a fantastic page and the words you added are super.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A truly fabulous and positive page dear Elizabeth! Hugs,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet! A fresh start for all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the yellow and blue. The background looks great -- a great start to the year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful page to celebrate January and the new start to the year - perfect 😁. I hope you had a lovely weekend and have a happy new week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great idea! I'm going to have to steal this idea for next year for my son's birthday who was born in January! I really love the way this looks. Hugs...and Happy Monday! RO

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh this is brilliant Elizabeth... we always seem to say at a new year I'm going to do this or that and be different.. but really we can say that at any time of the year and make changes I wonder why we.. mmm I mean I wonder why I don't? ha ha
    Have a great week and I hope its warmer soon for you .
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. great page..and I agree!
    we should start anew every January.
    I really like how interesting and layered the page looks:)
    The snowflakes add a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your first page and do you add to this month to show what journey has occurred? It would be cool. So far, we had no heat in our office last week and we went to our boss to state we can’t work in 11C degrees since we are office workers. Due to the extreme cold temps our pipes froze in the bathroom and, yesterday it g9t a bit warmer and they..burst! My hubby must now gut the bathroom

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.