Today I'm entertaining a good friend. I'll show photos soon. So this is a scheduled post.
I'll probably NEVER finish this altered book, which I began back in early 2004. But I plan to work on it and put a big dent in the huge number of things I have gathered for it. So, sit back and prepare to be inundated once again with South America and other entries in my 7 Continents AB, what I jokingly call my longest WIP.
Some of you who are long time visitors to my blog might wonder why I have spent so much time in South America in my 7 Continents altered book. It's simple. I have a ton (and I mean a TON) of images, maps, transparencies, encyclopedia entries, and ephemera I can use to create altered book pages for Europe, Asia, North America, and even Antarctica. But I have practically nothing for Africa, Australia, and South America. I guess that's why I'm spending so much time in South America, right now. It's a genuine challenge finding the right images and ephemera.
I thought I had shown this months and months ago, but when I searched for it, I didn't find this entry. It's not the best entry in the world, but again, I'm just trying to use up these pieces I've accumulated over time.
Yesterday I created this piece. I wasn't sure how well it would scan because of the embellishment I made using fancy fibers. But for the most part, I was happy with what I got.
Here's a look at why I called this Latitude and Longitude. It shows how South America is broken up between the northern and southern hemispheres and is in the western hemisphere. I also used a rubber stamp to add a slight bit of interest to the color map. I found both of these images in a world geography book (first edition even, although in very, very rough condition) copyrighted 1912.Thanks for looking and following me on this imaginary journey through the 7 continents.
This seems to be developing into a lifelong piece of art! South America is a very interesting continent, and I can understand your fascination for it, and hope you will find all the ephemera etc that you need. Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteYou found some great maps!
ReplyDeleteI am always drawn to maps and far away places.
ReplyDeleteYou've used the maps really well here and the orange is a great background to help make everything pop!
The fiber is a nice accent too.
oxo
What a fab continent indeed and your AB pages are fabulous! All this details and photos make them so good!
ReplyDeleteoxo
Susi
wonderful elements you found for this one. i love graphics and the old Atlas page is wonderful, the newer ones just don´t have These great Colors any more.
ReplyDeleteone of my best Girl friends is just trekking in peru for 4 weeks and i hope everything goes fine for her. it will be good to see her back, i would not have the Courage to do that. well, actually i´m lacking the Fitness LOL!!
The fibers you chose really complement the map!
ReplyDeleteThis has really sparked my interest, I had no idea that Chile stretched so far along the coast or that it went so far south! Some things I do remember from my geography days at primary school(sadly nothing from secondary school - I only remember the history lessons because the teacher was so good!!) The line map you show on your first page was so easy to see! I love your pages - the colours you have chosen are just right! Hugs, Chrisx
ReplyDelete