Pages

▼

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

WOYWW (What's on your work desk Wednesday)

It's my third week playing along with the fun people at WOYWW, the brainchild of Julia. Although it took several days, I managed to visit all 99 or so blogs. Needless to say, I was one tired gal in the end.

To begin, I often joke that my entire house is my craft area. So let's see what's going on today.

So what's on my work desk this week? Well, it's still dark out, but there is NOTHING in this area. And my sewing spot looks the same as it did last week.


I've not made or used any of my handmade paper, nor have I cleaned the lower cubbys that have gotten messy. My paints haven't been touched, either.


My work studio in the basement sits idle.

When I pull the chair away, you can see a print for an upcoming project, along with a mess on the microwave, but nothing in progress.


Sometimes I stage items going outside, or take photos on my kitchen table, but not today.

All this mismatched furniture that I laughingly call my patio has the most activity. After mowing yesterday (this photo taken yesterday evening), I saved a bunch of those whirly seeds to turn into angel wings. Other than that, NOTHING. Why, you ask? Well, I haven't had time to craft. I've been helping a friend move.

Sorry you came this far only to find no art projects. Hope you weren't too disappointed by the snoop. I promise to either show my craft room or basement studio next week, along with SOMETHING that I am in the process of making. By then, I may have my life back. And if you haven't already, please sign up for my bEARTHday giveaway here.


Today's blog is Sue's Stamping Stuff. In fact, Sue's lovely desk with the pop crate is what drew me to WOYWW in the first place. From there I followed the link to Julia's Stamping Ground (hostess and keeper of the links), just like you should, too. Sue's art style is nothing like mine. She is a Copic designer and an avid stamper in a style totally unlike my own. But I was drawn to her blog by that picture of the pop crate on her work desk and how useful it can be for storage. I love novel storage solutions, so she gets extra high marks for that and her coloring abilities.

Happy WOYW Wednesday to all.

59 comments:

  1. Love the pics of your space, it is amazing! Thanks for stopping by my chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed seeing your wonderful crafting space this week even if it was a very tidy and quiet one :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a fantastic craft space...would love to see some more of your handmade paper!

    Have a great day!

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your space looks amazing, and it was too nice yesterday to be anywhere else except outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great friend you are - helping in a move is so needed but hard work. I've loves seeing around your various tables - aren't you a tidy person! The immense differences between us all in terms of tidy/eclectic/colourful/blah are what keeps me addicted to WOYWWing, it's a real personality push!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, there's certainly a lot of stuff there, just waiting for some nosey person (me) to have a rummage through! I enjoyed zooming in on that lot!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow all that space such a lovely tidy craftroom,all those papers look fab, have good day, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your patio furniture looks a lot like mine, I'm very tempted to have new this year.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to be able to wander your various studio spaces, it all makes me want to create! Especially your collection of papers, and I WANT a cubby like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing your crafty space. Hope your friend got moved ok, Thanks for dropping by my blog, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just adore all your spaces and what a treat to see soooo much in one week ... Thank you muchly :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your paper storage shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That handmade paper would be worth riffling through!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Twiglet--I could help you "tidy" up those handmade papers--I love how you're so oranized--it's so much better to know where everything is when you're working on a project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh that's a different touch, and a treat to see where else your stash gets to! My jewellery making stuff is currently in the loungs where I do my beading at night!!

    Esme xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing pictures! you have so much gorgeous goodies! and all so neat, have a happy wednesday, hugs mandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your craft room even if theres nothing on the work space.Well worth the visit.Lpooks all neat tidy and cosy!
    Have agreat day
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed having a look around your workspace. I love your shelves of handmade paper, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed having a visual rummage too! Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my blog too. Hope you have more time for crafting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not disappointed at all Elizabeth :) Ooh loads of handmade paper - wonderful. Whirly seeds for wings? Just as they are or what? Great idea anyway - that's what I need 'cos not good with new ideas myself!
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely tidy craft room. Thanks for dropping my place! Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh organization! great shots of tidy!! I can dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is interesting just seeing where you create. Everyone's house should be an art house..my opinion, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your posts are never a disappointment, Elizabeth! Thanks so much for the "studio tour"! LOL! Everything is so neat and tidy - puts me to shame! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have an awesome studio. Wow. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  26. Soo many hand made papers, I have a few...about....three! and then I scan them and use them that way, I'll have to take a pic of my outside photo area next week! We could start a trend
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi there fellow cat lover! Love your photos, this is such a wonderful idea, to show where we all work. You have such great space and you are so tidy! Have a lovely weekend, hugs Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello there...What a very good old nose around your place.This WOYWW is great, as we seem to be expanding now into the house tours... I love all the handmade paper in that great unit. Reminds me of the units at Art College!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for stopping by to say hi to me and Phoenix.
    Your workspace is amazing, really inspirational.
    Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday.
    Hugs
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fab space, love the paper storage. Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great tour even if you've nothing creative to share

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your handmade paper storage, looks great and so does your craft area in the basement, how cool is that. Have a great evening. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow you did well to get round to everyone! I love your craft space and love how tidy and organised it is. Thanks for showing us round, have a wonderful week! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just love your stash of papers! Can I come round and play? Thanks for sharing your space. ikki x

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMG that paint!! i want a paint desk like that too - really fab. can i come play?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for a peep at your craft spaces, I so want to have a good rummage through your handmade papers!

    Nicki, xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Not dissapointed - Very impressive!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. I want your paper storage - fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. HMM Bluebeard and Elizabeth-not sure my DH would agree that photography and printing is papercraft-art perhaps. Photography can involve glass plates and chemicals and I'm often reminded it means "painting with light" What a lot of impressive storage you have and think I'd like to put my feet up on your patio. You can mow the lawn!Hugs Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hiya

    oooooh I LOVE your handmade paper storage its fabulous, you have a beautiful space

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  41. A very tidy workspace !!

    Hugs
    Penni
    x

    ReplyDelete
  42. You have a fabulous workspace and stash to die for, ooooh, all that paper in those pigeon holes, heaven. Thank you for the tour I love to be nosey. LOL
    x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thank you for the tour - I love the handmade paper!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Loved the tour ...definately a crafters abode ....I love that unit that holds your handmade papers

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love it anytime you take me around your place! Cool post.... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  46. I loved looking at all your stuff! So much to do and play with lol. Loving that paper storage space!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your space is FAB!!! Thanks for sharing - I can't wait til next week's post!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Ha! Great tour, so peaceful. How I long for a day such as this, ha! I swept up bushels of those helicopter/whirley thingies yesterday. Was wondering what could be made of them. Maybe we should start a blog about them, who knows what ideas could come from it! Wonder how much they would sell for... hum?
    xo kat

    ReplyDelete
  49. you have a wonderful house, and so much lovely space to create in.

    ReplyDelete
  50. You have the liberty and the freedom to do what you want, where you want and when you want! I envy you that! Hope your friends move went smoothly, happy crafting this weekend.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  51. Liz, your photos are great, but I feel badly knowing I'm responsible for your lack of current artwork. I'm about to go crazy not making art as I'm sure you are. I've worked so hard this week, I think it's time for some artwork this afternoon. John & Jenn went home today and I'm going to put the DVDs away in the office closet and then paint something!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I'm hyperventilating at the sight of your very gorgeous paper storage thingummy - I just adore that!

    ReplyDelete
  53. it is all looking lovely and tidy ready when you are! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thanks for showing me round....Love the fact you craft everywhere hee hee x

    ReplyDelete
  55. I didnt quite make it around to all 99 last week, we will see how I do this week. I won't be out of town so I should hit more of them this week!

    ReplyDelete
  56. you really do craft everywhere don't you lol, I would if I thought I would get away with it.
    Sorry I'm a bit late but I will get to everyone eventually.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.