Pages

▼

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's in the bag: Tea (and Tulip) Tuesday

The water is heating.
The tea cup has been warmed.
Everything should be ready
except the tea is still in the bag.

Tea today is Earl Grey
all the way from New Zealand
courtesy of Debrina.
Tulips are from my yard.

Celebrate Tea (and Tulip) Tuesday
by going to Kimmie's blog
for a list of the other participants.

Today we are taking a trip to The Hen House. It's not just any Hen House, but the one owned by Bad Penny. Penny is such a funny lady. I laugh every time I read her blog. And I read it a LOT, because we are not only Tea Tuesday participants, we are also part of Margaret's Project Dress Up. Penny takes some lovely photos, and has a folksy spin on life and art. She has some fascinating stories to tell, since she's lived in some pretty exotic places, too. And if you can't tell by reading her posts, she lives in the UK (England). Be sure to check out her blog. And be sure to check out her mischievous cat Billy. She has more than one, but Billy is the only one who ever gets into trouble. Like I said, funny lady, fun blog. So I'm always glad when this Bad Penny turns up!

13 comments:

  1. lovely tea, thanks to mistress Deb! and great shots, so now I will check out your links thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tea today, Elizabeth! I'm off to the Hen House! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea looks lovely Elizabeth
    Earl Grey is one of my all time favs especially with a little cream and sugar
    I have been waiting for Penny's Part 2 of her kibbutz adventures!
    Happy T Tuesday to you!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your still life of tulips and tea is quite lovely! And I like how you turn us on to new for us bloggers and blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your tea spot looks so inviting! did you know that if you add a few ice cubes to your tulip water every morning they will last longer? I love Penny's Hen House too - her ongoing story of life on the kibbutz is fantastic! Happy T today! Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm blushing !!! I am - so very sweet of you to mention me. Blogging has become quite addictive but it has made me get back to art again which is great.
    Your tulips are gorgeous xx
    (PS - I've made May's dress already ! )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post, love the tulips.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS - there is a message for you over on my Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Elizabeth I have had a good catch up over here so much going on and how you make me laugh about the trash snob...brilliant.

    Your Tulips are beautiful and did you know if you put a pin prick just below the flower it will stop them from drooping.

    thanks for tea.

    Chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely setting Elizabeth and I will check out your blog links- always a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty setting and tulips are my favorite flower! I think I need to check out the Hen House...sounds like a fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your favorites with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you compose your pictures- that tea cup looks almost too pretty to disrupt your vignette by filling it......but I'm sure you'll manage somehow ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are very important to Bleubeard and me. I appreciate it when you care enough to stop by and even more when you leave a short message letting me know you were here.

I don't want to ever turn on comment moderation, so when I find comments that don't relate to my blog content, your comment will immediately be deleted.