Monday, October 12, 2020

The Crooked Chimp


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I thought I would share this Art Journal Journey entry using Chris of Pear Shaped Crafting's theme Hold the Line.

I'm not sure which came first, the image of the chimp, or my finding the die cuts sent to me about a year ago by Krisha.  Regardless, the two came together to make what I hope you will find to be a fun spread in my Scraps altered book.

"There was a crooked chimp
who had a crooked limp."

"He could not walk

a straight line

no matter what he tried."

For the left page in my Scraps altered book, I used the wonky pieces from Krisha in conjunction with the computer generated words I colored using both water soluble crayons and water colors.

The right page has the chimp image I found in a Mensa magazine.  I added it and all images on the left side using glue stick.

I appreciate you stopping by today.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey.



16 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

what a great page!

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a fun page Elizabeth, I love how chips hang about. Great idea, have a nice day, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Fantastic page full of wonderful fun n colour. x

Mia said...

Wow Elizabeth! This is a stunning spread! You combined so beautiful the left with the right page! Great watercolouring, my friend. Kisses!

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun elements on the pages, and it made me want to finish the story/poem:

there was a crooked chimp
who had a crooked limp
he could not walk a straight line
no matter what he tried

he cried and cried
and wiped his eyes
got off his buns
and realized he could run

Meggymay said...

A really fun page and take on the AJJ theme, although the limping chimp may not have seen the humour I hope he saw the funny side of the tale.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Birgit said...

This is funny and I love the whimsical chimp and designs on the book page. I love the colours you used too. I want to make something using the crayons now.

DVArtist said...

I REALLY like this! You are so cleaver and talented. Enjoy your day.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the contrast between the curves and straight lines.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun page! You put all the elements together perfectly 😁. Thanks for the smiles and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

sheila 77 said...

Aaaaawww poor chimp.
I'm admiring the way you printed the words and coloured them, another of your ideas to be inspired by (to steal).
Interesting choice of background text to use, not a modern book I think.
Love from Sheila

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu and squiggles; a lot oh monkee biznezz we getted inta thiz past week end; what a bout ewe two...any monkee shinez at yur houz !! ;) ☺☺♥♥

Sandra Cox said...

Aw. Look at that cute little Chimp. And lovely texturing with the story line.
Stay safe, dear Elizabeth.

craftytrog said...

I love this fun page! xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is a fun page Elizabeth - really got me smiling! Thanks for linking to AJJ and my theme! Hugs, Chrisx

Neet said...

Those wonky bits are Dylusion stamps - I have lots of them stamped out so if you want more just shout. I must say they look good on here and I love the way they have been coloured in.
Love your chimp on the ladder - he goes perfectly with the opposite page - great fun!
Hugs, Neet xx