Sunday, October 25, 2020

Monday Murals: Unnamed mural by Canary


It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.

I couldn't find the name of this mural I found as I walked downtown.

It is located at Artist at Large Tattoo on the southwest side of Douglas and Laura (1125 E Douglas).  It was painted by Canary, whose work I have shown before, including last week.  And after writing the address where this mural was located, I realized the 1125 shown last week is the address on Douglas.  Ironically, I had taken this photo days before I found the fish, so I didn't put the two together until I wrote this post today.  I had been on Laura (the cross street) when I found the fish. 

If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful WorldI won't be able to join in next week because it's the first of the month and I will be welcoming a new artist to Art Journal Journey.


22 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

eeeeek creepy I would have ran the other way, great art though.

Meggymay said...

Sorry to be so late calling to visit, its been quite a week for me here.
I have enjoyed reading all your posts and seeing your inspiring pages.
The masks you made look fantastic , as you know sewing and me don't go together very well.
Take care of yourself and stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Iris Flavia said...

Huhhh! Mixed feelings over here!!!
I assume it´s a friendly under-water-guy saying "hello, you there!", having his hands as greetings up.

I mean... the eyes look kinda friendly, right? Or... trying to find out if WE are friendly towards HIM or HER.
I´ve seen (in docus certainly only) creatures who live down deep that have amazing features, so CANARY came up with a clever one here!

My name is Erika. said...

I think that is the creature from the black lagoon or the shape of water creature, or maybe neither. It just reminds me them. This is a fun nd a nice pick for the week before Halloween. Enjoy the end of the weekend! Hugs-Erika

aussie aNNie said...

tHANKS for your comment, I seem to have 24hrs with out the robot thing then 3 days with it, don't worry about commenting if it forces you to prove you are human, it's so annoying xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Scary piece! Hugs, Valerie

DVArtist said...

Ohhh this is great. I looks like the creature from the black lagoon. Fabulous detail.

CJ Kennedy said...

Cool! The Creature from the Black Lagoon! Or maybe the creature they used in the television series Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Mae Travels said...

That's a little creepy -- good for this season.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...I find it interesting graffiti/murals are connected to tattoo, many tattoo artists have branched off into graffiti/murals! Enjoy your week ahead.

kwarkito said...

it looks like the creature of the black lagoon. Beautiful

Sandra Cox said...

Oh my gosh, look at that mural. It's amazing.
Thanks for sharing, my friend.

Rita said...

Reminds me of the creature in The Shape of Water. :)

dee Nambiar said...

That's a very interesting picture. Suites the business. And it's so nicely done.

Bertiebo said...

Scary

Sami said...

He looks a bit scary Elizabeth.
Thanks for contributing to Monday Murals.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Glad it wasn't dark out!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

creature from the black lagoon....and very well done !! I have every movie on DVD ☺☺☺♥♥♥

bleu and squiggles we hope ewe both had grate week end N cauzed lotz oh trubull ;) ♥♥☺☺

Divers and Sundry said...

ooo, I love the mural. It reminds me of The Creature from the Black Lagoon, which is one of my favorite horror films.

VENTANA DE FOTO said...

Parece que fuera un habitante de otro planeta, que quisiera conocer la Tierra y sus habitantes. Lo que no sabemos es las intenciones que trae, espero que esas intenciones sean buenas y adviertan a la humanidad, el peligro que corremos si no preservamos la Naturaleza.

Lowcarb team member said...

Rather scary !

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

This is a bit scary. Just perfect for the season!