Monday, September 14, 2020

Electrifying


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I thought I would share this Art Journal Journey entry using Jo's theme which is Texture.

Although I have no step-out photos, I called this

Electrifying.

I used a stencil to create a bit of texture, but it doesn't show that well on the white handmade paper.

For a bit more texture, I added the heart I cut from a piece of card stock and placed behind the hand.  Had I been thinking, I would have placed it inside the hand, where it looks like it would have fit perfectly.

I was fairly happy with how I fussy cut the electrified man, but I had all kinds of trouble getting the image to stick to my handmade paper.

Another look at the stencil I used, which I loved because the images went from small to large.

For this page, which I created in my Scraps altered book, I first laid down a sheet of handmade paper.  I colored part of it with red shimmering mist, but the shimmer was soaked up by the handmade paper.  The focal image came from one of my trade magazines I receive each month.  Once I saw it, I knew I had to use it.  I love how the red and blue work so well together with the white.  Each of the letters came from various magazines.  I used a glue stick to adhere the focal image and the letters to the page, but almost gave up twice because the glue simply didn't like the misted paper.

I'm really grateful you stopped by today. Your visit means the world to me.  I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey

13 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal spread. Have a great week, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Love this one!!!
(And I can´t believe you have internet-problems just yet again! Read that over at Sami´s)...
"Cool" background! And a hint?
Hubby originally is an engineer for that and I do not know where to head...

craftytrog said...

Wow! This is fabulous Elizabeth. I love the blue man.
Hope your internet is fixed soon.
Alison xx

CJ Kennedy said...

The blue man is cool and I like how he really shows up on the red paper. Well done.

My name is Erika. said...

That is a fantastic page! The red handmade paper really pops off the page, with the blue electric man adding such great contrast. Nice texture and nice letters too. You really rocked this page my friend! Hope to see you back online tonight. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous pages! I love the colours and the grungy texture that you created on the RHS page is stunning 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun again at Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

oooo! I love the texture and composition. Nice!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

what a great piece Elizabeth...the textured paper is amazing; you're right, the color scheme in this works very well !! :) hope your weekend was a good one and the cats got....

bleu N squiggles, we hope ya getted inta LOTZ oh trubull !!! :) ♥♥♥☺☺☺

Monica said...

A great image you created and I really enjoyed reading the information about it that you posted.

kathyinozarks said...

Great page Elizabeth

Linda said...

Really nice!

Jeanie said...

This is a handsome piece, Elizabeth. The texture really gives this the electric energy that the subject demands!

Meggymay said...

Wow, I love this page and you used some of your special paper. Mu paper is still ...at the guard it safely stage... I will use it, I promise.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx