Saturday, September 26, 2020

Abstract


Today I'm sharing another Art Journal Journey entry using Jo's theme which is Texture.

When I was creating this, I thought everything looked like it went together in an abstract way, so that's why I'm calling it Abstract.

I once again used my favorite stencil and added a bit of copper paint to my texture molding paste.

I am color driven (I've said that many times in the past), so I wanted a limited color palette.

My postcard, picked up at an art fair, was too wide for my Scraps altered book, which is 5.5 X 8.5 inches (13,97 X 21,59 centimeters), so I cut a sliver off it and added it to the opposite side.  Because the flash card used blue ink, I chose it, along with a blue/turquoise sliver of leftover scrap that I thought matched the color in the postcard.



For this page, I began by adding pale green house paint to the altered book substrate.  Next came the stencil, which needed overnight to dry.  Finally, the rest of the images were added using a glue stick. 

Thanks so very much for visiting Bleubeard and me today, and we hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Texture


17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal spread. Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, great journal pages Happy Saturday kathy

Mia said...

Wonderful journal spread, Elizabeth. Great mix of scraps and I love the stencil and the vintage effect. Hugs, my friend.

My name is Erika. said...

Everything does go together so well. Love the stenciled texture and that blue paper. Nice abstract piece for sure! Have a nice Saturday. Hugs-Erika

Barbara said...

It looks “old fashioned” to me, maybe it’s my age. Haha. The retro math, stencil and fabric designs, and what reminds me of the keys of a piano took my mind in that direction, I think.

CJ Kennedy said...

This was fun. Looked like interior decorator choices for a room. How much wall covering do we need? We need 5 and we already have 2 of the pink so just 3 of the blue. 😺

Divers and Sundry said...

Nice abstract piece. I like the colors you chose and the different elements and how you arranged them.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful abstract spread Elizabeth, I love it!
I hope your internet problems are all sorted now.
Happy weekend,
Alison xx

DVArtist said...

Oh I love this! You know me make it abstract and I am in. Enjoy your day.

Iris Flavia said...

Very cool! It reminds me of my childhood in so many ways - good and bad! (we had the worst math-teacher. Girls cannot do math and... tanks were involved as consequence...)

Sandra Cox said...

Love the blue scrap and copper texture in your piece.
Hope you are back online.
Hugs

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is abstract art, you always have great ideas !!!
Have a happy weekend, hug, Elke

Let's Art Journal said...

A beautiful abstract! The different textures are perfect for our challenge over at Art Journal Journey, thanks so much for the inspiration 😁. Stay safe and wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Jeanie said...

Beautifully composed, Elizabeth and the textures work really well together.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous textures, love the colours too!

sheila 77 said...

Hello Elizabeth.
After being away I had a very nice time cruising through your blog entries, and there are so many I've missed. You are so good at abstracts and they are true abstracts (as is this one). I love the lime green and grey piece at bottom right and the mysterious numbers above. There is something science-fictiony about it, don't you think?

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like those textures :)

All the best Jan