Monday, August 24, 2020

The Wedding


I'm once again joining the talented Alison who many of you know as Craftytrog,

who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.

Her theme is Tags and Pockets.

Magazine images are hard to photograph because they are slick and the light hits them funny.  That's especially true when it's over texture.

Here, she's holding a tag with the words

True Love written on it.

For this page, I started with a blank sheet of 110 lb cardstock.  Next, I used modeling paste through a gifted stencil.  I kept the background white on purpose, so it would go with the wedding dresses my friend Kathy gave me when she was here recently.  She had fussy cut the two sides of the dress, then used tape to hold the two together.  I almost tore the large dress when I tried to pull the two apart.  I had to go with what I had, so added the gifted tag to the woman's gloved hand.

And while you're here

a few days ago, while I was getting my mail,

my Surprise Lilies (sometimes called Naked Ladies)

had shot out of the ground.

I loved how they glowed in the late afternoon sun.

The next day

they were in full bloom.

What a glorious surprise to see my largest Rose of Sharon I had transplanted was blooming, too.

I love how they fill in around my rose bush in my Flower Bed.

Soon they will be gone, but I'm certainly going to enjoy them as long as possible.

Thanks beyond belief for joining me today, and I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey.  
 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page, nice idea with the brides. And lovely that your flowers bloomed, that's always a joy. My balcony flowers have all been killed off by the enormous heat, pity. Have a fun Monday, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

How lovely is this post, beautiful colours on your delightful flowers. . xx

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the wedding background you created on your page and the pretty heart shaped tag. Your naked ladies are so pretty and must have been a nice surprise as is the Rose of Sharon. My friend, Teague, has a row of them in her yard. Take care.

Barbara said...

Beautiful garden surprise!

Nancy said...

Texture paste is one of my favorite supplies. That was a lot of fussy cutting on the lovely bride! And the flowers- so pretty. You asked about the bear on my blog post- he is about 15" long. I looked at the link you sent and think that the difference in the two may be that the pattern I used had a small dart on each back side where the legs bend. That way the look is smoother once the stuffing goes in.

Jeanie said...

Those lilies are drop dead gorgeous. I've never seen any like that -- they're really beautiful and grouped together like that, they make such a splash. I need to look into those --it's nice to see something that blooms later in the season. Well done, Elizabeth.

Karen said...

Great page & I love your pretty blooms ~ Enjoy the day!

Sandra Cox said...

Look at the Surprise Lilies. Aren't those grand.
Love the piece. I agree with the white background. It added to the elegance.
Have a great one.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

upon closer inspection, that gown must have cost a small fortune !!!! wow :)

your flowers are looking great; we've got slim to nothing left; what the rabbits haven't destroyed, the heat has !!

☺☺♥♥

Susan Kane said...

It is great to see the process and your thinking throughout. the details really stand out.

Such flowers! So fragile.

My name is Erika. said...

Your lilies are amazing! Wow. They look gorgeous. They are the perfect photos to show with your cool bride page for AJJ. Reminds me of the bouquets a bride might carry. That is one cool page too. I don't know how I missed this page but glad I found it! Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

It must have taken Sally ages to fussy cut out those Brides, its a gorgeous page and inspiration for AJJ.
Your flowers look lovely and a beautiful soft colour.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

Your lilies are looking beautiful, and that's a wonderful page Elizabeth. I love the textured background.
Alison xx

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased your flowers are all in bloom, they look lovely.

All the best Jan