Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Spring flowers


I'm back joining Art Journal Journey's host this month, Alison (aka Craftytrog). Alison has chosen the theme Pockets and Tags.

Today I have a page I'll soon be adding to my Scraps altered book.  Unfortunately, first, I have to find where I left it.

Note the two tags I made. 

I wanted something other than ribbon through the hole, so I took some lace and doubled it, then sewed it to cover each of the holes.  Now it will be easy to remove the tags from the pocket.

For this page, I began by creating a pocket made from two pages of flowery paper.  I added the ribbon I was gifted by my friend CJ.  Sadly, I didn't sew it straight.  But that's a story for another day.  I sewed the assembly to a sheet of lime green cardstock, then added the tags I made using lace and gifted images.

I'm so glad you stopped by today.  Thanks so very much for joining me and I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tag and nice sewing, great idea with the lace. It's still early morning here, but the wind is blowing up a storm! Have a nice day! Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Very beautiful! This could be a perfect idea for an Advent-Caledar with each tag having a wish/allowance!
I used to make those calendars for my Nieces, but with diabetis 1 hitting the big Niece it´s difficult and my Brother gave a no to nic-nacks like little books and stuff. Sad.
Would be fun to add tags like: "Today Daddy does the dishes for you" and such! LOL - I´d be safe in Braunschweig! :-)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

very nice and creative journal, I love this romantic kind!
Greetings Elke

PerthDailyPhoto said...

This is such a pretty project Elizabeth, you have chosen the perfect combination of colours, the lace adding that special touch 💚💝

Barbara said...

I agree, lace is the finishing touch! Very pretty!

Meggymay said...

A really pretty page, I love how you added the lace, makes it look quite feminine and romantic.
Yvonne xx

Sami said...

Very cute Springs tags Elizabeth.

Karen said...

Sweet page ~ I like the idea of the lace pulls for the tags ~ Enjoy your week!

Sandra Cox said...

This is so pretty and delicate.

Divers and Sundry said...

Such a pretty, frilly summer piece :)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth; these tags are really neat; I can't pick a favorite !! you did a nice job with them and the sewing !! :) ♥♥

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like how you've done these.
They look fabulous.

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

I do like the lace on those tags and on the bottom of your page. It creates some super texture. And your page has a great feminine feel-and that nice modern bright green background. I love that color! Hope it was a great day Elizabeth. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Pretty and cheerful! :)

sirkkis said...

Ooohh, how sweet and beautiful. Really nice idea, Elizabeth.
Have a happy day xx

Neet said...

What a pretty page with all that lace, and what a great idea to use lace for the tag pulls. This is so pretty I hope you find the missing book before too long.
Hugs, Neet x

Jeanie said...

These tags are so sweet and dainty. Very clever!

craftytrog said...

I love this pretty pocket and tag page Elizabeth, especially the wonkily stitched lace! It's a perfect page for my theme.
Alison xx

Halle said...

Love the colors and the lace trim. Very nice!!