Monday, August 31, 2020

One final journal page and my calendar pages


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I thought I would share my final Art Journal Journey entry using Alison's (aka Craftytrog) Pockets and Tags theme.  I'm also joining Try it on Tuesday's latest challenge which is Splash and Splatter.  I'm getting in just under the wire on both these challenges.

I was actually inspired by Erika and this journal page she created.

This little TH paper doll

practically begged to be used in this spread.

He felt the tag was the perfect place

for him to rest his body.







He was glad I used some washi tape for him and the tag to stand on, a trick I learned from Alison Bomber.

For this page, I began by spritzing two of my handmade shimmering mists on the pink copier paper substrate.  Once dry, which I helped along with my heat gun, I laid down the washi tape, then added the tag and the TH paper doll.

For the tag, I started with a die cut tag cut from a used file folder.  I colored it using a water soluble crayon.  I slid one side of the tag across my Versamark ink pad and used clear embossing powder on the piece.  It didn't give me the look I was going for, so I heated it again and, this time, I used UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel).  It gave me more the look I was going for.  Then I stamped the three words on the tag using black dye ink. 

It's also obvious I found my altered book and have added all the pages I created this month that didn't have a home.

I'm also sharing my monthly calendar today, too.  

Here is the left side and



here is the right side.   I hope you enjoy the minutia of my boring life.
 
August is nearly complete and September is ready to be written in. 

Here is the full page.

This is the left side

and the right side.

Thanks so very much for visiting me today.  I hope to also see you at Try it on Tuesday and Art Journal Journey with your own mixed media art. 


21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely colours on your new journal page, wonderful to get yet another page done. Thanks so much for joining us at TIOT, too. Have a good, new week! Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Cute boy and YAY, you voted!! Next year I plan such a calendar, too.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Very nice this last journal page for the topic! I think it's a great idea with the boy!
You did a lot in August.
Greetings Elke

Helen said...

love the journal page.

Re your comment on Kew photos - no I have to load a few at a time (about 8) and re-size them before adding the next lot as I found some were getting missed out. It takes longer on new blogger but I didn't used to add them all in one go on the old one either but you didn't need to re-size individually. You get used to it.... but I prefer the old one!

Meggymay said...

I love the way you have added the boy leaning on the tag, the splashed and colourful background looks so good behind the vintage style if the images.Its a fantastic page for both AJJ and for TioT's challenges.

Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Barbara said...

I love this splash and splatter technique! Anything that presents unexpected results works for me. So interesting and colorful!

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like that tag was just made for the boy. I loved seeing my name in your planner, too. Enjoy your day.

Linda Manning Findley said...

Very nice love what you did with that little guy ... wow, your August was full so guess your Sept. will be also ...

Helen said...

LOVE that background in your art journal!! Awesome spread! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!! ((HUGS)) Helen

craftytrog said...

I love how you placed the little lad leaning against the tag on that wonderful background Elizabeth.
Is it that time again?! Where did August go? You calendars look great in spite of what you always say :-)
Alison xx

Mae Travels said...

Cute little boy. Was that a family photo?

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lowcarb team member said...

What super colours on your journal page.

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your page is fabulous, love all those splashes and splatters and splodges too! The colour is fantastic and I love how your young man is leaning on the tag! Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
I love your calendar pages - still to start mine! Just a question - is there anything Scott can't turn his hand to? Hugs, Chrisxx

Mia said...

Wow, Elizabeth! Your page is STUNNING! The boy and the tag are perfectly landed on washi tape! Kisses, my friend.

DVArtist said...

Ohhhhhh I love this red and the little boy looks like he can get into some trouble. Great calendar too.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice splash and splatter! And I like how he is leaning. This is a nice to join us at Try It On Tuesday and also a good way to wrap up AJJ this month. Can you believe it is just about September?

My name is Erika. said...

Oh and thanks for joining us at TIOT too! I hit publish and it dawned on me I didn't say it.

Jeanie said...

Your journal boy looks so serious! I love the treatment -- wonderful look of the red. These vintage images are among my favorites!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the color and the shapes/patterns you got with your splatter/spritzing techniques.

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous pages! I'm loving the splash and splatter background, the splatter shapes that you created are stunning and the colours are so vibrant - amazing 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Let's Art Journal said...

Many congratulations on being chosen for Top 5 at Try it on Tuesday with your amazing page of splashes and splatters! Hugs, Jo x